About Our University
Facts and Figures
- Our students come from over 100 countries around the world
- Nine out of 10 (93.7%) of our graduates were in work or further study six months after graduating (source: HESA Performance Indicator 2012/13. Percentage of UK full-time First Degree students in work or further study six months after graduation)
- Our National Student Survey (NSS) results have shown an increase in overall student satisfaction from 69% in 2009 to 80% in 2014.
- We were 1st in the UK in a survey of international students for size of classes and assessment, and 1st in the UK and 4th in the world for personal tutors (out of 53 universities, source: International Student Barometer Autumn Wave 2013).
- Famous alumni include Ricky Wilson from the Kaiser Chiefs, England Rugby Union head coach Stuart Lancaster, Piers Aggett and Kesi Dryden from Rudimental and Alistair Brownlee MBE.
- Our Job Shop secured more than 70,000 hours of paid work for our students during 2013-14.
- We are one of only three universities to be awarded the RoSPA Gold Medal for Occupational Safety and Health in recognition of achieving five consecutive gold awards (March 2014).
- We have over 2,900 staff
- We are the first university in the UK to hold both Investors in People Gold (January 2014) and Customer Service Excellence (July 2013) for our whole institution.
- We have three research institutes and 10 research centres.
- Recent campus developments include a £1 million clinical skills suite and cutting edge biomedical sciences laboratories within our Faculty of Health & Social Sciences. We have also refurbished our library and resource spaces, and are currently redeveloping our flagship City Campus.
- We contribute an estimated £500 million to the local economy every year (source: Universities UK).
- Our University has helped to support more than 200 start-up businesses through our Business Start-up unit and QU2.