So, whether you're looking to get fit in the new year, find yourself a new hobby, or, are looking for healthier ways to spend time with your friends than take away and Netflix, this could be for you!
Here are 10 reasons why YOU should become a Sports member NOW...
- It'll make you more active. Fancying a fitter, happier, more active you for 2018? It's just what you 'planned' on doing in 2017, right? And, probably 2016 too...so, stop putting it off - this is your year!
- It'll motivate you. Joining a gym means you’ve made that investment in getting in shape, meaning you more likely to actually do it.
- It'll help you build friendships. Sport brings people together, whether it's by going along with your friends, or, making new ones.
- It's fun! You can do what you already love, or, try something new with the University’s non-competitive sports programme. You might just find yourself a new hobby!
- Everything's on your doorstep. With our University gyms and facilities located on campus, you can go straight from the lecture hall to the spin class. Easy.
- FREE classes. You'll have access to over 40 fitness classes free with your sports pass. With everything from Aerobics to Zumba, there's something for everyone.
- You're getting the best deal! Join now to take advantage of the cheaper rates.
- Motivation on tap. Struggle to keep on track? We all do from time to time. But, our on-site personal trainers can help you break that wall and put you back on the road to achieving your goals.
- Leeds Beckett family. Getting more involved in campus sports will make you feel even more a part of the University community.
- Use our top class facilities. If they're good enough for top Olympic athletes, they must be pretty good, right?
Did you know that first year undergraduate students are entitled to a free membership, come to the Sports Reception desk at either City or Headingley campus to activate your Active Beckett Plus Memberships. Make sure to bring with you your student card and a confirmation of enrollment letter. You can pick up your confirmation of enrollment letter from the Student Hubs at either City Campus or Headingley Campus. More info here. So no excuses not to get active this January.
Get your sports pass here, or if you’re new to Leeds you might not have discovered all the hidden gems in our glorious city. Here are some of the city’s best fitness options so you can shape up, work hard and have fun.