Kindness Ideas For Random Acts Of Kindness Day
16 February 2018 - Accommodation
These days, losing faith in humanity is all too easy to do. So why not restore your faith on Saturday 17 February with national Random Acts of Kindness Day!
We’ve suggested 20 ways to make someone’s day that you can do anywhere. All you have to do is…
Pick a number between 1-20.
Now scroll down to that random act of kindness idea and do it to celebrate #RandomActsofKindnessDay
- Pay it Backward: buy coffee for the person behind you in line.
- Compliment the first three people you talk to today.
- Tell someone they dropped £1 (even though they didn’t). Then give them a £1 coin.
- Donate old towels or blankets to an animal shelter.
- Say hi to the person next to you on the lift.
- Let someone go in front of you in line who only has a few items.
- Throw a party to celebrate someone just for being who they are, which is awesome.
- Encounter someone in customer service who is especially kind? Take an extra five minutes to tell their manager.
- Try to make sure every person in a group conversation feels included.
- Smile at five strangers.
- Set an alarm on your phone to go off at three different times during the day. In those moments, do something kind for someone else.
- Practice self-kindness and spend 30 minutes doing something you love today.
- Have a clean up party at a beach or park.
- Leave a kind server the biggest tip you can afford.
- When you’re throwing something away on the street, pick up any litter around you and put that in the trash too.
- Put 50 paper hearts in a box. On each cutout write something that is special about your partner or a friend. Give them the box and tell them to pull out a heart anytime they need a pick-me-up.
- Purchase extra dog or cat food and bring it to an animal shelter.
- Find opportunities to give compliments. It costs nothing, takes no time, and could make someone’s entire day. Don’t just think it. Say it.
- Run an errand for a family member who is busy.
- Put your phone away while in the company of others.