Start The Semester Off Right
22 January 2018 - Accommodation
After a long winter break, it can be difficult to get back into the swing of uni. Here are some helpful tips for getting back on the right foot!
- Organise your supplies. Get your pens and paper at the ready, especially for the first week of the semester when you are finding out about all those assignments and exams.
- Get a diary. If you haven’t already, invest in a diary to help your keep on track with your deadlines and social calendar. If the paper diary is dead to you, why not spend a few minutes organising your phone calendar?
- Take Care of Textbook Duties Early. There’s nothing worse than showing up to the first week of a class that turns out to absolutely require the textbook – and not have it yet. Keep the cost down by buying second hand or checking out the library.
- Join a New Club or Sport. Here at Leeds Beckett we love sport. Join our sporting community and be part of something special, it’s never too late.
- Start paying off your student overdraft. If you’re in your final year and have a student overdraft be careful, once you enter the big working world your bank account will no longer be a student account and your bank will start charging interest on your bank account.
- Know your resources. Refresh on those skills for learning and take a look at the services we have to support you here at Leeds Beckett.
- Set some goals. Decide what kind of marks you would like and make a plan of how much work you will need to be doing to achieve your goals.
- Sort out transport. If your resolution this year is to be more active, why not hire a bike for just £35 to get to your lectures…
Good luck and enjoy semester 2