Build contacts, build experience, engineer your career
The School of of Built Environment & Engineering represents an inclusive and enthusiastic community of staff, students and professional partners who recognise that what they do, design and develop will have a lasting impact on the fabric of society. Joining this school is your opportunity to leave a tangible imprint on our neighbourhoods of the future – locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
The quality of the professional experience and expertise of the staff in the School – and the unique industry links and connections they facilitate – will help you forge a meaningful understanding of how to plan, design, construct, protect and maintain the world around us. And how together we can collaborate with industry to make a real-world difference.
All our courses are accredited by professional bodies – 17 in total – allowing you to develop both the academic and the hands-on practical experience that is so valued by employers. You have the unique opportunity to leave university with both a degree and full professional status. The success of this approach is evidenced by a 100% employability rate for most of our courses, with some of the highest average incomes across all disciplines.
This school is home to the Leeds Sustainability Institute and the active enterprise hub for the regional built environment sector, the Centre for Knowledge Exchange. These allow our practicing staff to continue their valued consultancy work, and allow you to participate in community and university estate projects, often linked to relevant professional sectors.
This highly research rated school has both national and international influence – the school’s CERF group (Civil Engineering Research Facility) has a live, award-winning project in Mali exploring the impact of simplified water purification in deprived and remote regions and villages.
We aim to combine technology and knowledge; creativity and community; research and reward. Being anchored in a city with such cultural, industrial, historical and entrepreneurial perspectives only adds to the relevance and accessibility of what we offer: collaborative and imaginative ways of teaching, learning and working and state-of-the-art innovation tools and facilities; together providing clear pathways to personal growth and professional employability.
Our Academic Team
- BA (Hons) Housing Studies
- BA (Hons) Human Geography
- BA (Hons) Human Geography & Planning
- BA (Hons) Human Geography & History
- MPlan Planning
- APD Housing and Neighbourhood Management
- MA Housing, Regeneration & Urban Management
- PG Dip Housing, Regeneration & Urban Management
- PG Cert Housing, Regeneration & Urban Management
- PG Cert UK Planning Law & Practice
- MA Town & Regional Planning
- BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology
- BSc (Hons) Building Surveying
- BSc (Hons) Construction Management
- BSc (Hons) Facilities Management
- BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying
- BSc (Hons) Project Management
- BSc (Hons) Project Management (Construction)
- MSc Architectural Technology & Design
- MSc Building Surveying
- MSc Construction Law & Dispute Resolution
- MSc Facilities Management
- MSc Project Management
- MSc Quantity Surveying Commercial Management
- MSc Strategic Project Management
Winners crowned at Leeds Sustainability Institute annual awards
The winners of awards celebrating research, innovation, sustainability and enterprise in the built environment have been announced by Leeds Beckett University.
Leeds Beckett sponsors local school student at this year's International Geography Olympiad
A school student, who was sponsored by Leeds Beckett University, has achieved the highest UK position at this year’s Geography Olympiad (iGeo).
Construction excellence to be celebrated
Annual awards which celebrate innovation in the construction and built environment sector have been launched in Yorkshire and Humber.