Win tickets to the ARIAS!
To celebrate our support of the inaugural Audio & Radio Industry Awards (ARIAS) - which will be hosted by the Radio Academy at the First Direct Arena here in Leeds on 19 October - we are giving you the chance to win tickets to the awards as well as other great prizes including Beats Headphones and iTunes vouchers.
The star-studded ceremony, hosted by DJ and presenter Sara Cox, will treat guests to a spectacular evening of music and celebration, with performances from the Kaiser Chiefs – including alumni Ricky Wilson and Andrew White – Gregory Porter and other high-profile artists.
What’s more, 35 of our lucky students from across a range of courses from broadcast media to journalism have placements at the event giving them fantastic opportunities to gain that all-important experience to enhance their CVs.
ARIAS Selfie Competition
We are offering you the opportunity to join some of the UK’s best talent and attend this exclusive event, with five pairs of tickets to be won. We've created an interactive map of Leeds showing some of the most iconic music and radio locations, past and present from across the city including the O2 Academy.
To enter simply follow these steps:
- Take a look at our map below.
- Visit as many locations as you can and send us a selfie telling us where you are using the hashtag #ARIASPIC2016 via Twitter or Instagram.
- Every picture you take at one of these venues counts as an entry – the more locations you visit the most chance you have of winning.
- If some of these places are making you nostalgic, any back-in-the-day pictures will also count as entries, so look back at your old photos and send those in too.
The deadline for entries is Sunday 16 October at 23:59 GMT and winners will be picked at random.
For the chance to win some Beats Headphones or iTunes vouchers, can you find our mystery location?
- This former venue was once a much-loved pub and its finest hour came when Nirvana played there around the time of their debut record Bleach.
- The first person to take a selfie from this location will win some Beats Headphones, with the next five successful entrants winning iTunes vouchers worth £25.
- The awards are also supported by Leeds BID (Leeds Business Improvement District).
Our terms and conditions can be found here.
If you're having issues viewing the map below, you can open it separately here.
Here is what we have done previously:
- Leeds Rhinos and Yorkshire Carnegie (2004 – present, over 300 students have volunteered)
- Carnegie Challenge Cup (2008 – 2012, over 100 students volunteered)
- Leeds Festival (2009 – present, over 600 students have volunteered)
- Latitude Festival (2010 – present, over 400 students have volunteered)
- Hove Festival (2011 – 2014, over 80 students volunteered)
- Live at Leeds (2013 – present, over 250 students have volunteered)
- West Yorkshire Playhouse (2013 – 2014, over 30 students volunteered)
- Leeds International Film Festival (2014 – present, over 60 students have volunteered)
- Slam Dunk (2014 – present, over 50 students have volunteered)
- Rugby League World Cup (2014, 5 students worked full time)
- Reading Festival (2015, 3 students took part in work experience)
- World Triathlon Series Leeds (2016, over 10 students worked at this event)
- Audio and Radio Industry Awards (2016, over 30 students volunteered)