Leeds Law School

My placement at Leeds Law Society and Schofield Sweeny

I consider myself to be very fortunate to have undertaken my placement at Leeds Law Society, which developed into a split placement with Schofield Sweeny Solicitors.

These opportunities allowed me to work with some of the most supportive and motivating people I have ever met.  I was involved in organising a networking event for legal professionals, which I attended, as well as being invited to the Leeds Law Society Annual Dinner. 

At the beginning of my placement I wasn’t sure what type of law firm I'd like to work for.  However, the placement has really helped me make the right life choices for myself and at the same time has given me invaluable experience and information I can use in the future.  

I am now more focused and will forever be grateful to the module leader, Dr Doug Morrison, for encouraging me to undertake the placement module.  He told me I would thrive in it and that has been the best advice I could have received in my final year at Leeds Law School.  I highly recommend students undertaking this module, there is nothing better than hands on experience in a career you are pursuing.  

By Daniel Doig
08 Oct 2020