During my time at the University I pro-actively made the effort to get involved in a number of the extra-curricular opportunities that were made available to students such as mooting, volunteering and essay writing competitions. 

Success in these endeavours really strengthened my CV and I was able, immediately after graduating, to secure a paralegal in the Financial Litigation team at Oakwood Solicitors in Leeds. Shortly after beginning this role I was also successful, with the support of the University, in having a paper on anti-terror law published in an academic journal.

I am currently studying the BPTC and hope to be called to the Bar in the summer of 2021. Fortunately, much of the cost of the course has been paid for by the Lord Denning scholarship that I was awarded in 2019 and I recall drawing upon much of my experiences at University when being interviewed by the scholarship committee.

I cannot commend Leeds Beckett any more highly and I would not be where I am now were it not for the opportunities made available to me.