1. Shopping

Leeds offers a fantastic variety of shops - whatever you’re looking for, it will almost certainly have it. The recent new developments in the city have massively improved the shopping scene – so if you haven’t visited recently, it’s worth coming up and treating yourself. Trinity Leeds, which opened in 2013, is a shopping centre with loads of high street stores, and it also regularly hosts unique events to entertain its customers. It’s also home to Trinity Kitchen, a cleverly designed, abstract room filled with ever-changing street food vendors, taking you all around the world from Britain to Italy, Mexico to Asia. As well as this, 2017 has seen the opening of Victoria Leeds, offering lots more high-end stores and of course my favourite, John Lewis!

2. Otley Run

The Otley Run is the largest pub crawl in Leeds, an important initiation for new residents of the city. Over a mile long, over the years more pubs and bars have been added to the stretch, making it a very fun and exciting day. An absolute necessity of this ritual is that it must be completed in fancy dress. My first time completely the Otley run was Disney themed, and it was very funny that nobody batted an eyelid at our bizarre outfits!

Jade Cameron dressed as Princess Jasmine on the Otley Run

3. Kirkstall Abbey

Another one of my favourite things to do in Leeds is to walk around Kirkstall Abbey. Built in the 12th century, it’s gorgeous, picturesque architecture and pretty surroundings create a relaxing and reflective atmosphere. When living in a busy city such as Leeds, it’s nice to sometimes go and enjoy the peaceful wildlife and greenery. Kirkstall also has its very own pub (aptly named ‘Kirkstall Brewery’) which sits above the River Aire and brews its own beers. Visiting here after a day at the Abbey is essential.

4. Bierkeller

Bierkeller is my fourth and final MUST when visiting or studying in Leeds. A twist on a traditional pub - this Bavarian style, drinking, dining and certainly dancing venue is perfect for a night out. There are performances by bands and DJs, and customers are served stein beers (or cocktails if you prefer) and encouraged to dance on tables in traditional German style! Another reason I love spending time here is because it’s easy to meet new people, and the atmosphere is pure happiness.

Jade Cameron (student) with a friend

Jade

Jade, a final year student studying Events Management at Leeds Beckett. I’m from a little old town in the lovely countryside of Suffolk. I enjoy the outdoors, meeting new people and perhaps a gin or two! I'm a confident go-getter, girl on a mission.