Public Relations Studies
Public Relations Studies at Leeds Beckett University operates a consultancy service for business. Led by co-director Paul Willis, the team have been providing consultancy services to business for over 10 years in the following specialist areas:
- Strategic communication analysis and planning
- Internal and external communications audits
- Public sector communication, specialising in local government and health
- Capability development at senior manager and Board level
- Integrated corporate reporting
- Values-based auditing
The team work with the private and public sector and within the UK and overseas, for example, we have recently done work in Sweden, Switzerland, Singapore, South Africa and New Zealand.
Both directors have led practitioner and academic conferences and workshops in the UK and abroad and are called upon regularly to advise Government Departments and large companies. They are co-authors of the seminal text Strategic Public Relations Leadership. Professor Gregory is Chair of the Global Alliance, the world-wide confederation of over 70 national professional associations of public relation and communication management and, has been awarded the Sir Stephen Tallents Medal for outstanding service to the profession.
The work of the centre is of key relevance to organisations who wish to:
- understand the new communication environment and how it impacts on them,
- maximise the potential of their public relations and communication departments,
- address specific reputational and communication issues,
- understand how public relations and communication management can be fully used for competitive advantage and reputational benefit.
The Centre works at all levels within organisations, including with Boards.
We have worked a variety of clients including:
- Cabinet office
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department of Health and NHS
- Government of South Africa
- Government of Singapore
- Yorkshire Water
- Tesco Corporate
- Royal Bank of Scotland
If you have a specific project you would like to discuss or, for general information about our consultancy services please contact the University Enterprise office on 0113 81 21904.