Professor Reinhold Behringer heads up a large consultancy team in Creative Technologies at Leeds Beckett University.
The team aims to bridge the gap between artistic creativity and technology fields that encompass software development and artistic expression, from graphics through to audio. Addressing the big questions which include:
- How can the creative process be supported by technology using intuitive and seamless methods?
- What is the impact of human-computer interaction technology?
- Can artificial intelligence lead to artificial creativity?
Our collaborative approach means that we are continually seeking interdisciplinary partners to work on joint projects in research, development, and performance evaluation. The team specialise in a broad range of areas such as:
- Creative Computing
- Computer Games Development
- Software Development
- Mobile Application Development
- Intelligent Systems
- Multimedia eBooks
- Games Development & Design
- 3D Modelling
- Motion Capture
We are fortunate to have access to state-of-the-art technologies at Leeds Beckett University which underpin research and consultancy services. These include:
- Blue screen room with motion capture
- Eye tracking equipment for HCI research
- Dedicated computing labs running Oracle and Oracle Apex
- Dual boot PC labs running Linux Red Hat and Windows
- Two cell phone towers connected to the Leeds Beckett mobile network
- Two isolated network labs featuring an imaging system to create and configure your own operating system; a range of networking systems; and forensic analysis software
- A dedicated games lab for capturing Wii and PS3 game footage
- Four specialist i-Mac labs running Windows and Mac OS X
- A wide variety of software suites, including Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Studio, 3Ds Max, Unreal Tournament and the Unreal Engine, Logic Studio, Cubase and more
Recent clients include:
- Business Growth Calderdale:
This project, funded by the European Regional Development Fund (EDRF) aims to increase competitiveness and productivity in local businesses by offering consultancy on technologies used in a wide breadth of sectors ranging from advanced engineering to healthcare.
- Panda Media:
Consulted on the strategic implementation of software development within the company.
Exploration and consultation on the use of Multimedia books.
- Pennine Publishing:
Consultancy related to strategic direction of the companies' growth strategy in magazine publishing.
- Digital Fiction Factory (BBC/Channel 4):
Creation of a proof-of-concept of multi-screen viewing for a future TV show.
If you have a specific project you would like to discuss or, for general information about our consultancy services please contact our University Enterprise Office on 0113 81 21904.