The Carnegie Centre of Excellence for Mental Health in Schools, exists to strengthen the mental health of the next generation by supporting schools to make a positive change at all levels of the UK's education system, thereby improving outcomes and life chances. This initiative, being led by Carnegie School of Education, is focused on evidence-based solutions which address schools', pupils and parents/carers needs; the development of a professional community of school mental health experts; and leading innovation within the area.
We work with schools, organisations and professionals committed to ensuring that mental health difficulties do not limit success at school and beyond. We seek partnerships and collaborations to drive forward this agenda.
Our work focuses on these areas:
- Professional development for everyone working in schools. A suite of programmes and learning ensuring relevance for all school colleagues.
- Practitioners network. The development of a professional community for those (leading the agenda of mental health in schools), to deepen learning and (share best practice) harness a wealth of experience.
- Providing support and guidance for schools. Resources which help schools develop and improve their mental health policies and practices.
- Annual conference. A large scale event to profile innovative and proven work, deepen understanding and support the link between policy and practice.
- School Mental Health Quality Mark. An accreditation for Schools to evidence and show effectiveness and impact of their whole school approach to Mental Health.
- Research. To ensure that interventions are evidence-based and that we'll produce best practice publications.
- Collaboration with strategic partners. To develop strategic partnerships with other like-minded organisations to work collaboratively to develop provision and support for schools.
Collaborate with us
The Carnegie Centre of Excellence for Mental Health in Schools values the opportunity of working together. Our aim is to collaborate with other organisations, to develop new projects and initiatives, shape and inform policies, share ideas and knowledge and signpost outstanding provision. Our vision is to be stronger together.
To find out more contact:
T: 0113 8127540
Carnegie Centre of Excellence for Mental Health in Schools
Graduate Fashion Show
Annual fashion show from our BA (Hons) Fashion students.
Making Your Mark: Rubbing Up Against the City
An urban voyage of disruption, exploration and participation
School of Art, Architecture & Design - End of Year Show
The annual end of year show where students from the School of Art, Architecture & Design will be showcasing their best work from their final year with us.
Summer Language Classes
Summer Language Classes are now live!
Innovation Network Event: Making Export Easy
The Innovation Network Events are a series of breakfast events in partnership with The Yorkshire Post. Events focus on innovation as a key driver for growth and sustainability – as well as the challenges faced by businesses looking to innovate.
Leeds Beckett Book Club Meeting
Leeds Beckett Book Club discusses Weatherland: writers and artists under English skies by Alexandra Harris