Carnegie Centre of Excellence for Mental Health in Schools
Mental Health for Schools Conference
Mental Health in Schools Knowledge Exchange
Carnegie Centre of Excellence for Mental Health in Schools is delighted to be bringing together leaders from education and mental health at our second annual conference. The Knowledge Exchange will aim to inspire, empower and equip delegates to strengthen their understanding to support the mental health of the next generation.
Date: 29 June 2018
Time: 10.00 – 15.45 (refreshments from 09.15)
Location: The National Space Centre, Leicester (delegates will also gain free access to the centre)
Cost: £120 for individuals from schools and £150 for non school staff
Implement new approaches to mental health, leading to improved attendance, behaviour and attainment in students.
• Learn effective strategies to build resilience in students and staff.
• Discover the latest research on the link between physical and mental health in children and steps schools can take to foster independence.
• Learn from practical examples of student led peer support programmes.
Our Knowledge Exchange will feature a series of round table discussions facilitated by experts within their field. Our keynote speaker will be a member of our advisory board the Right Hon Nicky Morgan MP and will be chaired by Alison Kriel, CEO of Amaya Trust.
Our round table discussions will feature:
- Setting up a wellbeing hubs in schools
- Creating nurturing learning environments for LGBTQ+ Children and Young People
- School leadership that strengthens mental health for all pupils
- The support that school nurses can offer to support MH
- Engaging Parents to support pupil wellbeing
- Strengthening the resilience of children and young people
- Supporting staff wellbeing
- Helping children and young people cope with loss
With facilitated conversations from Education Support Partnership, School and Public Health Nurses Association, Claire Birkinshaw, Resilience Doughnut, Clare Erasmus, Leeds Beckett University and more.
The conference will also feature a presentation of schools who have been accredited with the School Mental Health Award and a Panel Discussion with members of our advisory board and facilitators from the event.
To book a place please use the link or firstname.lastname@example.org for a booking form for invoiced places.