This focused workshop will provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to understand the questions and decisions that need to be made when looking to join or form a multi-academy trust.
This is part of a series of workshops, others include:
This workshop is suitable for all school governors who want to further develop their understanding of key school governance processes and systems.
This training will help you to develop your skills; enabling you to effectively contribute to the three core functions of governance required of all school and academy boards:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
We also offer a bespoke training service for Governing Boards. If you are part of a cluster, Teaching School Alliance, multi-academy trust or wider partnership and would like to run this programme for your group of schools please contact us. Our sessions can be delivered at a venue to suit you.
This workshop supports governors to understand and apply the three core functions of a governing board.
You will understand:
- Government policy on MATs.
- How MATs are structured.
- Models of effective MAT governance.
- The options available for maintained schools.
- The next steps in joining or forming a MAT.
- How others have successfully navigated the journey.