This focused workshop will provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to understand the role you play in supporting and making a difference to the lives of disadvantaged pupils.
This is part of a series of workshops, others include:
This workshop is suitable for all school governors who want to further develop their understanding of key school governance processes and systems.
This training will help you to develop your skills; enabling you to effectively contribute to the three core functions of governance required of all school and academy boards:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
Date and Location
We will be running a series of workshops centrally throughout 2017-18:
For more information or to book a place on a workshop, please contact us.
We also offer a bespoke training service for Governing Boards. If you are part of a cluster, Teaching School Alliance, multi-academy trust or wider partnership and would like to run this programme for your group of schools, please contact us. Our sessions can be delivered at a venue to suit you.
For a place on one our central workshops:
£55 per participant per workshop. If three or more governors attend from one school or academy, the cost per participant per workshop will be £50.
This training can be facilitated for individual schools, multi-academy trusts, Teaching School Alliances and Local Authorities. These bespoke workshops can be tailored to meet your local needs and context, please contact us for more information about this service.
Our team of trained facilitators have a broad range and depth of leadership experience, ensuring that our training is pitched to best serve your needs and development. The team comprises experienced governors, current or former headteachers and senior leaders.
This workshop supports governors to understand and apply the three core functions of a governing board.
You will understand:
- What the definition of ‘disadvantaged pupils’ means and what funding is available.
- The role of the governing body and its accountability for Pupil Premium impact.
- What data is available and how it can be used to ask the right questions.
- How the government reports on the performance of disadvantaged pupils and the expectations on schools for reporting.
- How whole-school strategies are successfully implemented.