This focused workshop will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to analyse your school's performance data more effectively.
On the 31 July 2017, the RAISEonline service for schools will be closed and it will be replaced with a new service called Analyse School Performance (ASP), which provides interactive analysis of school and pupil performance data.
Our training will enable you to make sense of your school's performance data and the analyses generated by ASP, in order to hold leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils. Thus performing a core function of the governance required of all boards.
This is part of a series of workshops, others include:
This workshop is suitable for all school governors who want to further develop their understanding of key school governance processes and systems.
This training will help you to develop your skills; enabling you to effectively contribute to the three core functions of governance required of all school and academy boards:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
Date and Location
We will be running a series of workshops centrally throughout 2017-18:
For more information or to book a place on a workshop please contact us.
We also offer a bespoke training service for Governing Boards. If you are part of a cluster, Teaching School Alliance, multi-academy trust or wider partnership and would like to run this programme for your group of schools, please contact us. Our sessions can be delivered at a venue to suit you.
For a place on one of our central workshops:
£55 per participant per workshop. If three or more governors attend from one school or academy, the cost per participant per workshop will be £50.
This training can be facilitated for individual schools, multi-academy trusts, Teaching School Alliances and Local Authorities. These bespoke workshops can be tailored to meet your local needs and context, please contact us for more information about this service.
This workshop supports governors to understand and apply the three core functions of a governing board.
- Understand the contribution Analyse School Performance (ASP) makes to school self-evaluation and the importance of using a range of measures to evaluate school performance.
- Become familiar with the range of data available for analysing school and pupil performance.
- Develop the skills needed to interpret the range of performance data available.
- Know and understand the key terms and concepts used in ASP.
- Be aware of how you can use performance data to challenge and support your school’s leadership team.
- Gain the opportunity to network, share experiences and collaborate with other governors.