This focused workshop will provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to make performance related pay (PRP) decisions according to the PRP system introduced in September 2014. This workshop has been updated to reflect the revised teachers' pay and conditions for maintained schools for 2016.
This is part of a series of workshops, others include:
The workshop is suitable for all school governors who want to further develop their understanding of key school governance processes and systems.
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
We also offer a bespoke training service for Governing Boards. If you are part of a cluster, Teaching School Alliance, multi-academy trust or wider partnership and would like to run this programme for your group of schools, please contact us. Our sessions can be delivered at a venue to suit you.
It helped me to understand the role of governors in relation to teachers’ performance related pay.Delegate Feedback
This workshop supports governors to understand and apply the three core functions of a governing board.
- Understand the governing body’s responsibilities on Performance Related Pay (PRP) for teaching staff.
- Reflect on your school’s current approach to PRP and to consider any changes necessary.
- Recognise the importance of governors’ monitoring of their PRP policy and its application in order to ensure it is fair and objective.
- Identify what else needs to be done in preparation for any appeal (although this is not training for appeal panel members).
- Ensure that the changes identified in the September 2016 DfE guidance are considered in any revision to policies.