Being part of Leeds Beckett University means that we have unlimited access to researchers and academics with expertise covering a variety of disciplines
Our team work with corporate clients to match the right academic expertise with research requirements in order to conduct pioneering research related to outdoors activities.
Research is beneficial to clients who need to:
- Evaluate the feasibility of a new product or programme
- Validate the outcomes of outdoor activities and training programmes
- Test theories and explore the impact of outdoor activity for groups i.e. school children
- Assess the effectiveness of an initiative or campaign
- Test the effects of altitude through our dedicated altitude centre
Through commissioning research, our clients to able to more closely monitor, understand and reflect on programme outcomes and reduce risk.
We have state-of-the-art sport science facilities including physiology, biochemistry and biomechanics laboratories which monitor physical activity and assess sporting performance. This consists of measuring heart rate, oxygen consumption and blood lactate responses during exercise to establish VO2max as well as analysing muscle strength and movement patterns. Some of our more specialist laboratory facilities include a DXA scanner measuring bone health and body composition and an environmental chamber which can simulate conditions of extreme humidity, heat, cold and altitude.