For Apprentice Students
Whether you are a school leaver or are years into your career, if you’d like to earn a full time salary whilst studying for a bachelor’s or masters degree which is relevant to your chosen career, you can earn while you learn and enjoy a debt free university education. Your tuition fees will be paid by your employer and the government and you will also be paid a full time wage while you study, which could result in a debt-free university education. Your course will take three and a half to four years, to complete, studying part time.
Talk to your current employer about whether they will support you to study a Degree Apprenticeship or see our current opportunities to find a post that is right for you.
Is a Degree Apprenticeship right for me?
- By choosing a degree apprenticeship you can earn a full time wage whist studying for a degree, without paying a penny in tuition fees.
- You can increase your skills and knowledge, giving you the opportunity to reach higher earning potential, whilst enjoying a debt-free university education.
- It’s a great option if you want to study to improve your career prospects whilst progressing professionally, as our programmes are flexible and complement the tasks you are responsible for at work.
- You’ll gain experience working alongside industry experts and receive regular support from a workplace mentor and a tutor from the university.
- You are also entitled to paid time off for study.
- You’ll also be entitled to all the benefits that come with being a student here, such as teaching excellence, fantastic facilities, a full range of support services and access to our 24-7 library.
How to apply
If you are already employed, talk to your current employer about opportunities. They will apply directly to us on your behalf. If you are looking for a new job, take a look at our current opportunities with local employers who support Degree Apprenticeships.
We’re working hard with industry professionals and local and national companies to increase our Degree Apprenticeship portfolio. We are currently developing degree apprenticeships in the areas of:
- Building Services Manager
- Construction Quality Surveyor
- Chartered legal executive/ Solicitor
- MSc Digital & Technology Solutions
- MA Senior Leader