For Apprentice Students
Whether you are a school leaver or years into your career, if you’d like to earn a full time salary whilst studying for a bachelors or masters degree which is relevant to your chosen career, a degree apprenticeship is for you. Your tuition fees will be paid by your employer and the government and you will also be paid a full time wage while you study. Your course will take up to three and a half to four years, to complete, studying part time.
Talk to your current employer about whether they will support you to study a Degree Apprenticeship or see our current opportunities to find a post that is right for you.
Is a Degree Apprenticeship right for me?
- By choosing a degree apprenticeship you can earn a full time wage whist studying for a degree, with your employer paying your university fees.
- You can increase your skills and knowledge, giving you the opportunity to reach higher earning potential, whilst enjoying a debt-free university education.
- It’s a great option if you want to study to improve your career prospects whilst progressing professionally, as our programmes are flexible and complement the tasks you are responsible for at work.
- You’ll gain experience working alongside industry experts and receive regular support from a workplace mentor and a tutor from the university.
- You are also entitled to paid time off for study.
- You’ll also be entitled to all the benefits that come with being a student here, such as teaching excellence, fantastic facilities, a full range of support services and access to our 24-7 library.
How to apply
We are unable to receive applications direct from individuals. Visit our current opportunities page for details of Degree Apprenticeship vacancies. Alternatively speak to your employer about how they could support you on a Degree Apprenticeship.
Please note: We are currently unable to deliver degree apprenticeships to organisations with a wage bill below £3 million.
We currently offer Degree Apprenticeships in:
- BA (Hons) Business Management Practice Chartered Manager
- BSc (Hons) Adult and Mental Health Nursing (subject to validation in September)
- BSc (Hons) Building Services Engineering (L6 Top-up)
- BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering
- BSc (Hons) Digital & Technology Solutions JANUARY 2018 START AVAILABLE
- BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying
- BEng (Hons) Building Services Engineering
We’re working hard with industry professionals and local and national companies to increase our Degree Apprenticeship portfolio. We are currently developing degree apprenticeships in the areas of:
- Social Work
- Healthcare Science Practitioner
- Construction Site Management
- Chartered Legal Executive
We are ranked 4th in the UK for graduate employment.
- 2Ranked 2nd in the world for personal tutors.*
* i-Graduate Student Barometer, Autumn Wave 2016
- 3100% student satisfaction for our undergraduate computing courses*
*National Student Survey 2016
- 4Our research is recognised as world-leading or internationall excellent in several areas.
- 5We have strong links with professional bodies and leading employers.
- 624/7 library with online access to 140,000 ebooks, journals, databases and newspapers.