Employability and progression
No matter why you have chosen to undertake further study or where you are in your chosen career, studying a Distance Learning qualification at Leeds Beckett University will give you the knowledge and tools to progress up the ladder.
With a large number of our courses being accredited by leading professional bodies, we are recognised for our online teaching and learning experience. Our strong links with industry specialists means that our modules are relevant by combining theory and research with the ever changing needs of the professional environment, making our graduates the desirable choice for employers.
We work with specialist organisations to ensure that our distance learning courses deliver the best qualifications possible. Our partners include:
- Chartered Management Institute - the membership organisation for professional managers, our Executive MBA was designed with and is endorsed by the CMI.
- National Skills Academy for Sport and Active Leisure - this national industry body accredits our UK Centre for Events Management (UKCEM).
- The Institute of Hospitality - recognises our Events Management courses.
- The National Outdoor Events Association - recognises our Events Management courses.
- British Hospitality Association - recognises our Events Management courses.
- British Psychological Society - our MSc Psychology (conversion award) is accredited by the BPS.
- Institute of Travel and Tourism (ITT) - we were the first UK university to be recognised as a Centre of Excellence by the ITT, the membership trade body dedicated to improving professional standards in the travel and tourism industry.
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators - our MSc Construction Law and Dispute Resolution opens the door to membership of this professional body.
- United Nations World Tourism Organisation - certifies our MSc Responsible Tourism Management, the only course of its kind in the world to have achieved this certification.