Training & Events
Masterclass: Digital Marketing for SMEs
Leverage your network and grow your business through implementing digital marketing strategies.
This masterclass takes place over two full days. Please note that it is necessary to attend both days. The dates are:
Thursday, 1 March, 09:30 - 16:30
Thursday, 8 March, 09:30 - 16:30
This two day programme will help you to:
- Understand the opportunities and challenges presented through the disruptive digital environment in order to increase networking opportunities.
- Assess the impact and influence of the dynamic digital environment to build a better market position for their business.
- Know how key digital tools can support and enhance their digital marketing presence as well as off-line activities.
- Understand the relevance of some digital platforms and channels in the context of your organisation to attract more customers.
- Start developing digital marketing activities to support new customers acquisition and retention.
Your facilitators: Andy Lima
Andy Lima is an business entrepreneur and academic with a broad range of experience in relation to working with both SMEs and large corporations. Andy is passionate about supporting businesses with new ventures as well as developing improvements to existing business models. Andy’s main expertise are building and enabling SMEs to become competitive through the planning and implementing a fully integrated Digital Strategy (on-line Marketing and Social Media). His role at the university involves teaching Digital Marketing and Entrepreneurship to both undergraduate and postgraduate level as well as delivering a range of consultancy projects for our commercial clients.
The AD:VENTURE programme provides funded business support and expertise to develop eligible young businesses with an ambition to grow. The support programme includes a series of business masterclasses, peer-to-peer networking opportunities, business diagnostic assessment and one-to-one advice from academics to help you achieve your goals.
Leeds Beckett University is a partner in the AD:VENTURE programme, an ERDF-funded project which brings together Universities from across the Leeds City Region with local Councils, Chambers and private sector partners. The AD:VENTURE partners offer a diverse range of expertise and services to support young businesses to grow.
The AD:VENTURE project is aimed at providing support to young and growing businesses with an eligibility focus on:
- SMEs under 3 years old
- Based in the Leeds City Region
- Trading in an eligible sector (this generally excludes primary agriculture, banking and financial services, activities related to education or social care, and those sectors trading directly with consumers e.g. retail and hospitality)
- Commitment and plans for achieving growth in turnover and creation of jobs