Training & Events
Masterclass: Futures and Foresight
An introduction to futures and foresight to help shape the long term development of your business.
This masterclass takes place over two full days. Please note that it is necessary to attend both days. The dates are:
Tuesday, 6 March, 10:30 - 13:30
Tuesday, 10 March, 10:30 - 13:30
This two day programme will help you to:
- Understand the key features of futures and foresight
- Set your business vision for the future
- Identify key factors influencing the development of your business
- Identify possibilities and future scenarios
- Test the scenarios with like minded people
- Use the results to affect the development of your business
Your facilitator: Jeff Gold
Jeff Gold is a leading advocate of leadership and management development with an international reputation having worked managers to develop a range of small, medium and large enterprises. He has delivered a wide range of seminars, programmes and workshops on change, strategic learning, management and leadership with a particular emphasis on action-oriented learning and futures.
The AD:VENTURE programme provides funded business support and expertise to develop eligible young businesses with an ambition to grow. The support programme includes a series of business masterclasses, peer-to-peer networking opportunities, business diagnostic assessment and one-to-one advice from academics to help you achieve your goals.
Leeds Beckett University is a partner in the AD:VENTURE programme, an ERDF-funded project which brings together Universities from across the Leeds City Region with local Councils, Chambers and private sector partners. The AD:VENTURE partners offer a diverse range of expertise and services to support young businesses to grow.
The AD:VENTURE project is aimed at providing support to young and growing businesses with an eligibility focus on:
- SMEs under 3 years old
- Based in the Leeds City Region
- Trading in an eligible sector (this generally excludes primary agriculture, banking and financial services, activities related to education or social care, and those sectors trading directly with consumers e.g. retail and hospitality)
- Commitment and plans for achieving growth in turnover and creation of jobs