Training & Events
Have you ever wanted to be self-employed or run your own business but don’t know where to start? Our Business Basics workshop will support you in making your business idea happen.
*This workshop is now fully subscribed. Places are still available at the same workshop in Wakefield accessible by train in around 10 minutes.*
Our trainers will introduce you to the key things you need to know when starting-up…from research and marketing through to legal set up and financial planning. We will give you help and advice to turn your idea into reality and get your product or service into the market place quickly.
- Is self-employment right for you? – an honest exploration of the challenges of starting-up
- Assess your idea - market research, segmentation, routes to market, marketing messages
- The importance of planning – audience / contents / purpose of planning
- The legal status of your business – company formation / IP /ongoing obligations (delivered by Lupton Fawcett solicitors)
- Financial overview – survival, tax, cash flow, investment (with WGN and Yorkshire Bank)
- Lean start up – how to reach your market and get started quickly.
Our workshop is free to attend and is open to anyone interested in finding out more about working freelance, being self-employed or starting a business.
Kindly sponsored by:
Yorkshire Bank are able to offer 25 months free banking to new start- ups. Follow the link for more information:
This workshop is funded by the ERDF AD:VENTURE programme which provides business support and expertise to young businesses with an ambition to grow.