The 8th conference of the ESREA Network - ELOA hosted by the School of Film, Music & Performing Arts and the Association for Education and Ageing.
The conference embraces community-based learning and activism, arts-based learning for older people, and creative approaches to older people’s learning. Building on the themes of previous ELOA conferences and to bring a creative approach to older people’s learning. Can we change our perceptions and bring a creative approach to our work at the same time as using our work to support changing practices and outcomes for learning in communities and across society?
The conference will address the following themes:
- Access to learning for older people
- Cultural dimensions of older people’s learning
- Equality and diversity of older people’s learning
- Community learning
- The role of adult educators and their work with older learners
- Older people learning in the cultural sector
European Society for Research on the Education of Adults (ESREA).
Network on Education and Learning of Older Adults (ELOA).
9 November 2017
11 November 2017
The Carriage Works, Electric Press, Millennium Square, Leeds LS2 3AD