In these terms and conditions (“terms”):
· ‘you’, ‘your’ means a graduand of Leeds Beckett University.
· ‘us’, ‘we’, ‘our’ means Leeds Beckett University, a higher education corporation whose principal place of business is at the Rose Bowl, City Campus, Leeds LS1 3HB.
Acceptance of terms
1. Please read these Terms carefully as your registration, and / or purchase of tickets, for your graduation ceremony constitutes your acceptance of these Terms. We reserve the right to update the Terms at any time by displaying amended Terms on www.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/graduation (“the Website”). You will be deemed to have agreed to the amended Terms when you next use this Website following any amendment.
2. Where there is any conflict or inconsistency between these Terms and any of our other terms and conditions governing your use of the Website, these Terms shall prevail (solely to the extent necessary to resolve such conflict or inconsistency).
Registration and purchase of guest tickets
3. If you wish to attend your graduation ceremony you are required to register in advance. Your attendance at the graduation ceremony is free of charge (subject to any late registration fee), although you will need to pay us for any guest tickets. You will also need to book and pay for academic dress (cap and gown) separately with William Northam Robemakers & Photographers in advance of your ceremony date. It is mandatory that you wear the appropriate academic dress.
4. If you have an outstanding tuition fee debt with us, you will not be able to attend a graduation ceremony until it has been settled.
5. If you are unable to attend the time and date of your graduation ceremony, you will not be able to transfer to a different ceremony time and date. You can either graduate in absentia or defer to 2019. If there are extenuating circumstances behind your inability to attend the time and date of your ceremony, these may be considered.
6. In the event of your allocated ceremony time and date being oversubscribed, we reserve the right to transfer you to an alternative ceremony time and date.
7. There is no charge for registration if you register on or before 1 June 2018. If you register on or after 2 June 2018, we hold the option to charge a non-refundable late registration fee of £50 in addition to the cost of any guest tickets, both of which are payable via the online store at http://onlinestore.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/ (“Online Store”).
8. If you register on or after 2 June 2018, we cannot guarantee that your certificate will be available on the day or that your name will appear in the programme.
9. Guest tickets cost £10. If you register on or before 1 June 2018, you will be eligible to purchase a maximum of two guest tickets through the Online Store at the point of registration. If you register on or after 2 June 2018, we are unable to guarantee that guest tickets will be available.
10. Children aged 2 and under may attend the ceremony without a ticket provided that they sit on the lap of a parent or guardian. Children over the age of 2 require a guest ticket and will count towards your maximum ticket allocation. Children must remain quiet throughout the ceremony, if there is any disruption caused then you may be asked to leave the ceremony.
11. If you are a registered disabled student and need a carer to accompany you at your graduation ceremony, you should advise the Events team at the time of booking, as you might be eligible for a free of charge additional ticket. If this is the case, or if you or your guests have any other special access needs, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible so that we can make appropriate arrangements.
12. On or after 2 June 2018, any unsold guest tickets may be released for sale via the Online Store and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis until they have sold out. These additional guest tickets cost £15 each. Students will be informed via email and the Website if additional guest tickets are available for their ceremony time and date. The number of available tickets may change throughout additional ticket sales period as places are cancelled and refunds issued. You should check the Website regularly for availability.
13. You will receive confirmation of registration and purchase of all guest tickets by email normally within 24 hours. You are advised not to make travel arrangements for you or your guests until you have received the confirmation email. If you do not receive the confirmation email please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We advise you not to make travel arrangements for additional guests until you have secured tickets for them.
14. Tickets will be available for collection from the Ticket Collection Point on the day of your graduation. You will need copies of the email(s) confirming your registration and purchase of any guest tickets.
15. We do not accept any responsibility for any registrations or guest ticket reservations that you do not have confirmation of. This is for any reason, whether lost, delayed, corrupted, due to any technical difficulties, malfunctions or otherwise.
16. All guest tickets and additional guest tickets must be bought in advance. We cannot guarantee that any additional guest tickets will be available to purchase on the day. In the event of any additional tickets being purchased on the day, they are only available for sale to a guest accompanied by a graduand. A graduand’s photo ID card may be used in lieu of the graduand being present.
Cancellation and refunds
17. You may cancel your registration and any guest tickets by email to email@example.com at any time before your ceremony and you will be eligible for a refund for any guest ticket fees paid. Requests for refunds for tickets made after the date and time of your ceremony, will be issued at our sole discretion. If you are ineligible to attend your graduation ceremony because you have not met the criteria for conferment of an award we will automatically refund any ticket fees paid. Late registration fees are non-refundable, refunds for late registration fees will only be available in exceptional circumstances at our sole discretion. Refunds will normally be processed by 31 August 2018. In such circumstances, we are not responsible for any additional costs incurred by you or your guests.
On the day
18. Graduation is a formal occasion and you are expected to dress appropriately in business or formal clothing, denim is not permitted. You must wear full academic dress (cap and gown) for the ceremony in order to gain access to the graduation auditorium. This is available from William Northam Robemakers & Photographers who are our University’s Official gown supplier. We reserve the right to refuse you entry to the ceremony if you are not dressed appropriately.
19. All guests must be seated at least 15 minutes before the ceremony begins. We reserve the right to refuse entry or remove any graduand or guest where it appears to us in our sole discretion to be necessary for the good conduct of proceedings and /or the safety, health, and wellbeing of graduands, guests, or staff.
20. Large bags will not be allowed in the auditorium and should be left in the cloakroom on site. Bag and body searches will be in operation.
21. By registering for a graduation ceremony you are
giving your consent to us publishing your full name (as it appears in our
student record system) and award title in the programme and on graduation merchandise.
If you do not wish your information to be used in this way, you must notify us
by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
on or before 1 June 2018.
22. All graduation ceremonies may be photographed, filmed, and/or live streamed via live webcast across the internet at www.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/graduationby us or our agents. Your name will be announced as you process across the stage, this is a mandatory action for every student attending the graduation ceremony. By registering for graduation, you are giving your consent to the recording and transmission of images (both still and moving) of you and your guests. We retain all rights in any images and/or film, which may be used for publicity purposes and marketing materials. In addition to this, footage from graduation will be made publically available on YouTube and Leeds Big Screen after the graduation ceremony. If you do not wish for your information to be used in this way on the Leeds Big Screen, you must notify us by email to email@example.com on or before 1 June 2018.
Graduation third party services
23. Any services purchased such as hospitality or photography and gown hire by William Northam Robemakers & Photographers etc. are entered into with your own contract with suppliers and should be contacted directly about their refund policy. You agree that Leeds Beckett University is neither liable to you whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any indirect or consequential losses and any losses arising from any contracts you enter into with any third parties in relation to your graduation ceremony.
24. Issues beyond the control of Leeds Beckett
University should be taken up with the relevant third party.
25. If your graduation ceremony cannot take place or is delayed because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control, we will not be liable for any direct or indirect losses incurred by you or your guests. Examples of such circumstances include (without limitation): war, terrorism, civil commotion; fire, flood, adverse weather, natural disaster, act of God; outbreak of communicable disease, epidemic, or pandemic; any strike or labour dispute; interruption or failure of any utility service; any law or government order, rule, regulation, or action by a government or public authority. You and your guests should ensure that you have sufficient insurance protection to cover any losses you may suffer as a result of a ceremony being cancelled or delayed.