Terms and conditions
In these terms and conditions (“terms”):
· ‘you’, ‘your’ means a graduand of Leeds Beckett University.
· ‘us’, ‘we’, ‘our’ means Leeds Beckett University, a higher education corporation whose principal place of business is at the Rose Bowl, City Campus, Leeds LS1 3HB.
Acceptance of terms
1. Please read these Terms carefully as your registration, and / or purchase of tickets, for your graduation ceremony constitutes your acceptance of these Terms. We reserve the right to update the Terms at any time by displaying amended Terms on www.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/graduation (“the Website”). You will be deemed to have agreed to the amended Terms when you next use this Website following any amendment.
2. Where there is any conflict or inconsistency between these Terms and any of our other terms and conditions governing your use of the Website, these Terms shall prevail (solely to the extent necessary to resolve such conflict or inconsistency).
Registration and purchase of guest tickets
3. If you wish to attend your graduation ceremony you are required to register in advance. Your attendance at the graduation ceremony is free of charge (subject to any late registration fee), although you will need to pay us for any guest tickets. You will also need to book and pay for academic dress separately with William Northam Robemakers & Photographers. It is mandatory that you wear the cap and gown.
4. If you have an outstanding tuition fee debt with us, you may not be able to attend a graduation ceremony until it has been settled.
5. There is no charge for registration for graduands if you register on or before 1 June 2016. If you register on or after 2 June 2016, we hold the option to charge a non-refundable late registration fee of £50 for graduands in addition to the cost of any guest tickets, both of which are payable via the online store at onlinestore.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/ (“Online Store”).
6. If you register on or after 2 June 2016, we cannot guarantee that your certificate will be available on the day or that your name will appear in the programme.
7. Guest tickets cost £10 for adults and £5 for children (9 years and under, who must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or above). If you register on or before 1 June 2016, you will be eligible to purchase a maximum of two guest tickets through the Online Store at the point of registration. If you register on or after 2 June 2016, we are unable to guarantee that guest tickets will be available.
8. Children aged 2 and under may attend the ceremony without a ticket provided that they sit on the lap of a parent or guardian. Children over the age of 2 require a guest ticket and will count towards your maximum ticket allocation. Children must remain quiet throughout the ceremony, if there is any disruption caused then you may be asked to leave the ceremony.
9. If you are a registered disabled student and need a carer to accompany you at your graduation ceremony, you will be entitled to one additional free guest ticket. If this is the case, or if you or your guests have any other special access needs, please contact us as soon as possible by email to email@example.com so that we can make appropriate arrangements.
10. On or after 2 June 2016, any unsold guest tickets may be released for sale via the Online Store and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis until they have sold out. Students will be informed via email if additional guest tickets are available for the ceremony. The email will include details of when the tickets are going on sale and how many tickets you are able to purchase.
11. You will receive confirmation of registration
and purchase of any guest tickets by email normally within 24 hours. You are advised not to make travel
arrangements for you or your guests until you have received the confirmation
email. If you do not receive the
confirmation email please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
as soon as possible.
12. Tickets will be available for collection from the Graduation Hub on the day of your graduation. You will need copies of the email(s) confirming your registration and purchase of any guest tickets.
13. We do not accept any responsibility for
registrations or guest ticket reservations that we do not receive for any
reason whether lost, delayed, corrupted or otherwise, and whether or not due to
any technical difficulties or malfunctions.
14. Tickets purchased on the day are only available to a guest accompanied by a graduand. A graduands photo ID card may be used in lieu of the graduand being present.
Cancellation and refunds
15. You may cancel your registration and any guest tickets by email to email@example.com. If we receive your cancellation on or before 3 June 2016 you will be eligible for a refund of any guest ticket fees paid. Late registration fees are non-refundable, refunds for late fees will only be available in exceptional circumstances at our sole discretion.
Tickets purchased after or on June 4 are non-refundable. Refunds will normally be processed by 31 August 2016.
16. If you are ineligible to attend your graduation ceremony because you have not met the criteria for conferment of an award we will automatically refund any ticket fees paid. Late registration fees are non-refundable, refunds for late fees will only be available in exceptional circumstances at our sole discretion. Refunds will normally be processed by 31 August 2016. In such circumstances, we are not responsible for any costs incurred by you or your guests.
17. Any extra services purchased such as hospitality by Dine or photography and gown hire by William Northam Robemakers & Photographers etc. are entered into with your own contract with suppliers and should be contacted directly about their refund policy.
On the day
18. Graduation is a formal occasion and you are expected to dress appropriately in business or formal clothing, denim is not permitted. You must wear full academic dress (cap and gown) for the ceremony in order to gain access to the graduation auditorium. Academic dress must be booked and purchased separately. William Northam Robemakers & Photographers is our Universities Official gown supplier. We reserve the right to refuse you entry to the ceremony if you are not dressed appropriately.
19. All guests must be seated at least 30 minutes before the ceremony begins. We reserve the right to refuse entry or remove any graduand or guest where it appears to us in our sole discretion to be necessary for the good conduct of proceedings and /or the safety, health, and wellbeing of graduands, guests, or staff.
20. By registering for a graduation ceremony you are giving your consent to us publishing your full name (as it appears in our student record system) and award title in the programme and on graduation merchandise. If you do not wish your information to be used in this way, you must notify us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 3 June 2016.
21. The graduation ceremonies will be live-streamed
across the internet at www.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/graduation.
Your name will be announced as you process across the stage, this is a
mandatory action for every student attending the graduation ceremony. Footage
from graduation will be made publically available on YouTube and Leeds Big Screen
after the graduation ceremony. If you do
not wish your information to be used in this way on the Leeds Big Screen, you
must notify us by email to email@example.com
on or before 3 June 2016.
Use of images
22. All graduation ceremonies may be photographed, filmed, and/or streamed via live webcast by us or our agents. By registering for graduation, you are giving your consent to the recording and transmission of images (both still and moving) of you and your guests. We retain all rights in any images, which may be used for publicity purposes and marketing materials. Footage from graduation will be made publically available on YouTube and Leeds Big Screen after the graduation ceremony.
23. If your graduation ceremony cannot take place or is delayed because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control, we will not be liable for any direct or indirect losses incurred by you or your guests. Examples of such circumstances include (without limitation): war, terrorism, civil commotion; fire, flood, adverse weather, natural disaster, act of God; outbreak of communicable disease, epidemic, or pandemic; any strike or labour dispute; interruption or failure of any utility service; any law or government order, rule, regulation, or action by a government or public authority. You and your guests should ensure that you have sufficient insurance protection to cover any losses you may suffer as a result of a ceremony being cancelled or delayed.
24. Any extra services purchased such as hospitality by Dine or photography and gown hire by William Northam Robemakers & Photographers etc. are entered into with your own contract with suppliers.