What will happen on my graduation day?
1. Getting to Headingley Campus
Please arrive on campus two hours before your ceremony begins.
2. Arriving on campus
If travelling by car, please make sure you have your booking confirmation/s to hand when you arrive and members of our Security Team will direct you to your parking space/s.
If you are arriving by taxi, please be aware that our taxi drop-off and pick-up point is at location 8 on our graduation map.
3. Once on campus
Please make your way to location 1 (Graduation Hub) on our graduation map where you will collect your guest tickets, name card, gown, hat and hood, and have any booked professional photography taken.
Please note, this process can take up to 45 minutes. Photography will be open from 8am to 8pm each day during graduation week (Monday 25 July to Thursday 28 July).
- Please remember, tickets are not posted out. You will collect them from the Graduation Hub on the day of your ceremony. Please bring your Online Store booking confirmation/s with you.
- We suggest you have your photograph taken immediately after being dressed in your gown, hat and hood.
- Please note, you will take your name card on stage with you, so make sure you do not lose it.
- If you have time before your ceremony, make your way to the Graduation Village to relax and enjoy a drink or some food served by our hospitality provider, Dine.
- You can also buy Graduation 2016 memorabilia and visit our Alumni Hub at the Graduation Village (location 4 on the graduation map.)
4. Making your way to your ceremony
Please make your way to the Auditorium (location 2 on the graduation map) 30 minutes prior to your ceremony. You will need to be seated no later than 20 minutes before it starts.
- Please come prepared for all weather conditions. We recommend an umbrella, flat shoes and a bottle of water. (It can get hot walking around our campus and you will be in the ceremony for approximately 90 minutes.)
Our Headingley Campus is set in extensive grounds and this should be taken into consideration for anyone with mobility difficulties. Please view our graduation distances map which will provide a scale of the campus.
5. Live screenings and streaming
Any friends or family without a ticket will be able to view your ceremony at our live screenings in lecture theatres A, B, C and E in James Graham (location 5 on the graduation map).
These screenings are free of charge. However, we ask that you complete the live screening question when buying your tickets to let us know how many places you will require.
The ceremonies will also be streamed live on the internet for those who are unable to make it at leedsbeckett.ac.uk/gradslive.
6. Finding your seat
Your name card that you will collect with your tickets from the Graduation Hub will show your allocated seat number. Student seating will be at the back of the Auditorium and guest seating at the front.
- Guest seating is unreserved so will be on a first come, first served basis. We suggest you arrive early.
- You cannot take belongings on stage with you and you might not return to the same seat, so please make sure any bags or personal belongings are left with your guests or in the cloakroom at the back of the Auditorium.
7. Your ceremony
The ceremony will begin with a procession by academics and our Platform Party. It will be led by a member of staff from our University who will be carrying the Leeds Beckett University mace.
The formal proceedings will start with speeches from senior members of our University's management team and a member of the Students’ Union.
8. Your time to graduate
When it is your turn to collect your degree, you will be guided to the stage by our ushers. Once on stage, your name will be announced and you will walk across the stage to shake hands with your Dean.
- You might not return to the same seat you started in, so please make sure any bags or personal belongings are left with your guests or in the cloakroom at the back of the Auditorium.
9. Congratulations, you are now a graduate!
After the ceremony, make your way to the Graduation Village (location 3 on the graduation map) to meet family and friends and enjoy some celebratory food and drink. Our catering is provided by Dine and will be available for you to enjoy throughout the day.
You can also buy some Graduation 2016 memorabilia and visit our Alumni Hub at the Graduation Village (location 4 on the graduation map.)
- As you will not be sitting with your guests in the Auditorium, please arrange to meet them at the Graduation Village after your ceremony. Please use our graduation map for reference.
10. After your ceremony
Have a great day celebrating with family and friends. Our Graduation 2016 memorabilia stand will be located in the Graduation Village. This will be your last opportunity to buy any memorabilia such as hoodies or t-shirts.
Enjoy food and drink at our graduation village from our hospitality provider Dine. Food and drink is available to pre-order or purchase on the day.
Don't forget to share your day with us by using the hashtag #BeckettGrads.
11. Find out more about our alumni community
Please visit our alumni webpage for more information about the benefits that will be available to you.