Centre for Health Promotion Research
To contact the Health Together team please use the details below.
Director of Health Together,
Direct dial: 07780493024
Health Together Administrator,
Direct dial: 0113 812 1957
Health Together, CL 518,
Faculty of Health & Social Sciences,
Leeds Beckett University,
Leeds, LS2 8NU
The CHPR was established in 1997 and has grown to be a centre of excellence, well regarded regionally and nationally in the public health and health promotion field. The Centre has an excellent track record in obtaining commissions to undertake research, evaluation, training and consultancy and in delivering quality projects on time. Whilst there is no consensus about the core values and principles of health promotion, the CHPR operates according to the following set of principles/guidelines:
- Working with an understanding of health as social and thus using the social model of health.
- Working as part of a social movement to tackle the social determinants of health in order to bring about greater social and health justice.
- Working within a framework that views health as political.
- Working in ways to promote both equality and equity.
- Working using participatory approaches to facilitate inclusion, empowerment and capacity building.
- Working using partnership approaches in order to facilitate collaboration.
- Working using anti-oppressive approaches and practices to foster equality.
- Working in an ethical manner to support change.
Examples of recent work include:
- The Way Forward Evaluation outputs
- The Key Evaluation
- Making Advice Work Evaluation
- Sunderland Health Champions
- Together for Health
- Systematic scoping review of proposed explanations for “excess” mortality
- NICE community engagement UK systematic mapping review
- NICE community engagement UK case studies
- Interventions to prevent burnout evidence review