Why choose Leeds Beckett?
Why study with us?
With a history stretching back 200 years and an overall four-star QS rating, it is easy to see why Leeds Beckett University is one of the most popular in the UK. More than 28,000 students study a Leeds Beckett University qualification in the UK or overseas. We offer foundation, undergraduate, postgraduate, research and distance learning programmes, with start dates in September and January.
Supporting our students
- 3rd in the UK for Student Wellbeing*.
- Dedicated student advice service for international students.
- Fee discounts for recent graduates and those who pay their fees early.
- Awarded silver status in the Teaching Excellence Framework.
- Personal tutors ranked 2nd in the world*.
- Four-star QS rating for teaching.
- Five-star QS rating for facilities
- Our library is open 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Head-turning facilities to help you get the most out of your studies.
- Campus buildings ranked 5th in the UK and 6th in the world*.
- Ranked 4th in the world for both virtual learning and technology*.
- Broadcasting Place was voted the best tall building in the world by a council of global architects.
- Five-star QS rating for employability
- Ranked fourth in the UK for graduate employment.
- 96.6% of all our graduates are in work or further study six months after graduating.
- Top ten in the world for employability and work experience*.
- Among the top five universities in the UK for producing graduates who go on to be CEOs.
- Work placements arranged with organisations such as Disney, Samsung, Apple, Nike, BMW and many more.
- Accommodation office ranked 5th in the UK*.
- 11 halls of residence providing more than 4,250 bedrooms.
- Guaranteed accommodation for all international students (applying within booking periods).
- Research graded ‘world leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ in almost all academic disciplines (Research Excellence Framework 2014).
- Britain’s best city for quality of life (2016 Arcadis Sustainable Cities Index).
- One of the UK’s top shopping destinations with over 1,000 retail outlets in the city centre.
- More than 60,000 university students in the city.
- Home to more than 75 different nationalities.
- Located in the centre of the UK, just over two hours from London by train.
- Leeds is served by Leeds Bradford International Airport, with flights to 70 destinations around the world.
*i-Graduate Student Barometer, Autumn Wave 2016
It is difficult to suggest to you exactly how much money you will need to support yourself, as each person's circumstances will be different, but please see below for guidance:
Living expenses (including accommodation): ££9,135
Please note that these living expenses are estimated and dependent on your lifestyle.
Check out www.studentcalculator.org.uk/international/ for great advice and tools to help you plan and manage your budget whilst studying in the UK.
Advice is offered free of charge and follows the Rules and Code of Standards of the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) and the United Kingdom Border Agency.
For support with visa and immigration etc, contact us at:
Tel: +44 113 812 5612 / 5620 / 5735
Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner.
The International Student Advice Centre at Leeds Beckett University is regulated under OISC guidelines to give immigration advice. The OISC (Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner) is an independent organisation that monitors immigration advice and services. Advisers have to attend regular training to be able to do this.