Nazareth College - USA
There is the opportunity for 10 volunteers to join a community volunteer programme with Nazareth College (www.naz.edu), one of our partner universities in Upper New York State, USA. Volunteers will work mainly with the Community Place of Rochester City (a well established community centre) and activities will be mainly with children. Volunteers will stay in student accommodation at Nazareth College and will experience lots of social and cultural activities in addition to the volunteer work.
Volunteer role (s):
- Provide positive social enhancement, academic and vocational development to youth from various ethnic backgrounds by participating in summer camp activities that may include: summer sport and recreation, job skills development, and cultural exchange activities.
- Provide positive social enhancement to the Senior Center programs which may include exercise programs; games; dietitian's advisement; computer training; music, arts and crafts; cultural exchanges and field trips.
- Provide support to the Family Emergency Services program by organizing food pantries and assisting with food distribution.
1. Project location: Rochester, Upper New York State
2. Duration: 2 weeks (plus optional free time in New York at the end of the project)
3. Accommodation: You will stay in student accommodation at Nazareth College
4. Fundraising: In addition to the fees each volunteer must raise a minimum of £100 which will be donated/used during your time with The Community Place
To read more about our project in Rochester, please download our Volunteer Information Document.
Project Fees: £? (all volunteers are eligible for our Global Engagement bursary £250 bursary, which would make total fees payable £?)