International SEEDS Conference 2016
A selected number of papers submitted to the SEEDS conference has been published by Springer.
International SEEDS Conference 2016: Sustainable Ecological Engineering Design for Society
The International SEEDS Conference will take place 14-15 September 2016. The programme will include keynote speakers, workshops and presentations on the themes of Sustainability, Ecology, Engineering, Design and Society.
Download the Full Schedule.
Associate Professor in Business, Sustainability and Engagement, University of Leeds
Diffusion of low carbon innovation in building retrofit: challenges and opportunities
Technical & Marketing Director Northern Europe, Knauf Insulation
Mind the gap: A study into the real performance of domestic properties in use
Managing Director, Constructing Equality
The impact of fairness in the construction sector
Professor Jacqui Glass
Professor in Architecture and Sustainable Construction, Loughborough University
Industry and virtue: an update on responsible and ethical sourcing practices in the UK
Dr Karl Andersson
Associate Professor in Mobile and Pervasive Computing, Luleå Tekniska Universitet, Sweden
Solutions for greener and smarter cities and regions enabling sustainable growth: the north Swedish perspective
Dr John Littlewood
Senior Lecturer & EBERE Group Director, Cardiff Metropolitan University
What can building performance evaluation testing learn from the atmosphere of Saturday night fever
Dr Lloyd Scott
School of Surveying and Construction Management, Dublin Institute of Technology
Future orientated built environment professionals: What sustainability competencies should be fostered in Higher Education graduates?
Professor Vyacheslav Kharchenko
Head of the Department of Computer Systems and Networks, National Aerospace University KhAI
Green IT engineering: Challenges and solutions for human and industry domains
Professor Gary Shuckford
Chairman, Bowman Riley Healthcare Architects
The dementia challenge: The role of big data and IoT
Professor Peter Skipworth
Managing Director, Environmental Monitoring Solutions
At the interface of man and the environment: What do we really know?
Professor John Smallwood
Professor, Dept. of Construction Management, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
Preventing the collapse of reinforced concrete (RC) structures and support work during construction: Assurance versus ‘accident investigation
If you would like to become a SEEDS Conference Member from 1 September 2016 to 31 August 2017 you will receive a £35 discount off the price of the SEEDS Conference and free entry to one CKE twilight session (normally costing £25 to £35). Details of CKE group events can be found at ckegroup.org or by phoning the CKE team on 0113 812 1902.
- Standard Booking Rate (non-member) - £330
- Standard Booking Rate (with SEEDS member discount) - £295
- Student Standard Rate (non-member) - £250
- Student Standard Rate (with SEEDS member discount) - £215
These prices include:
- Attendance at two full days of SEEDS conference including all keynotes, plenary sessions and associated activity on Wednesday 14 and Thursday 15 September 2016.
- Delegate Pack including Conference Brochure, Abstracts Booklet and selected limited edition SEEDS canvas bag. All delegates will get a USB from the day with all the conference proceedings on it.
- Access to keynote presentation from 12 leading experts representing a wide spectrum of research into sustainability in many areas (see list above for details).
- Regular coffee and refreshment breaks with a buffet lunch provided on both dates (dietary requirements must be specified on booking)/
- Access to our academic posters exhibition area displaying our selection of innovative sustainability research, schemes and products.
- Attendance at the official SEEDS Conference Banquet on the evening of 14 September in our elite even space, the Acre Room, on our Headingley Campus. Your complimentary ticket includes a welcome drink, three course meal, beverages and entertainment provided by our talented music students. A shuttle bus will also be provided from the Rose Bowl to Headingley and back again for dinner attendees.
- Attendance at the Conference finale and showpiece event, the RISE Awards, on the evening of Thursday 15 September. The Rise Awards are a cross sector collaborative awards ceremony for industry, academia, and third sector groups rewarding the most pioneering initiatives across four key strands; Research, Innovation, Sustainability and Enterprise. Your complimentary ticket includes a networking drinks reception, a three course banquet meal with wine, high quality entertainment and our professional awards presentation to officially close our conference.
Please note the early bird discount has now passed.
Location and Timings
Please note the timings below are an approximate schedule, actual timings to be confirmed to all attendees in joining instructions.
Conference Day 1: Wednesday 14 September 2016
The Rosebowl, 10:00 to 17:30 approx - venue details
SEEDS Conference Dinner: Wednesday 14 September 2016 (evening)
Acre Room, Headingley Campus, 18:45 to 22:45 approx - venue details
Conference Day 2: Thursday 15 September 2016
The Rosebowl, 08:40 to 17:00 approx - venue details
RISE Awards Dinner: Thursday 15 September 2016 (evening)
The Met Hotel, Leeds 18:30 to 23:00 approx - venue details
The call for abstracts is now closed for 2016. If you are interested in submitting an extract for a future SEEDS conference please email email@example.com to be added to our mailing list.