International SEEDS Conference 2018
6 & 7 September 2018
Dublin Institute of Technology, Dublin, Ireland
Please submit abstracts using this link
If you have any problems or queries, please contact email@example.com
Sustainable Ecological Engineering Design for Society
Enabling Sustainability: Impacting all stakeholders
The built environment has a greater impact on natural resources and produces more waste than any other industry. However, beyond the green rhetoric research is being applied on the ground to address the balance between the built and natural environment. The International SEEDS Conference brings together experts from around the world focusing on the changes that are taking place and the benefits or consequences that are being predicted and measured regarding the built environment’s impacts. As well as addressing technical issues, measuring energy efficiency and modelling energy performance, emphasis is placed on the health and wellbeing of the users of spaces occupied and enclosed. Understanding how buildings and spaces are designed and nurtured to obtain the optimal outcome is the focus of discussion and debate. This holistic approach draws together the research themes of energy, building performance and physics while placing health, wellbeing and ecology at the heart of the conference.
Through research and proven practice, the aim of the SEEDS conference is to foster ideas on how to reduce negative impacts on the environment while providing for the health and wellbeing of the society. The professions and fields of research required to ensure buildings meet user demands and provide healthy enclosures are many and diverse. The SEEDS conference addresses the interdependence of people, the built and natural environments, and recognises the interdisciplinary and international themes required to assemble the knowledge required for positive change.
Four main conference tracks:
- Energy and Buildings
- Design for the 21st century
- Sustainability education
SEEDS 2018 Conference Package
Take advantage of the early bird booking rates and save up to £70 on the Conference fees. Early bird fees apply up to 15th June, 2018.
- Early Booking Standard Rate £380.00
- Student Early Booking Rate - £240.00
- Standard Booking Rate - £450.00
- Student Standard Booking Rate - £290.00
These prices include:
- Attendance at two full days of the SEEDS Conference including all keynotes, plenary sessions and associated activity on Thursday, 6th and Friday, 7th September 2018.
- Delegate Pack including Conference Brochure, Abstracts Booklet and SEEDS canvas bag. All delegates will get a USB containing all the Conference Proceedings.
- Access to keynote presentations from leading experts representing a wide spectrum of research into sustainability in many areas.
- Regular coffee and refreshment breaks with a buffet lunch provided on both dates (dietary requirements must be specified on booking).
- Access to our academic posters exhibition area displaying our selection of innovative sustainability research, schemes and products.
- Attendance at the official SEEDS Conference Dinner on the evening of 6th September in the major tourist attraction, Jameson Distillery, Bow Street. Your complimentary ticket includes a welcome drink, three course meal, beverages and entertainment.
- Attendance at the Conference finale and showpiece event, the RISE Awards, on the evening of 7th September. The RISE Awards are a cross sector collaborative awards ceremony for industry, academia and third sector groups rewarding the most pioneering initiatives. Your complimentary ticket includes a networking drinks reception, a three course meal with wine, high quality entertainment and our professional awards presentation to officially close our Conference.
Please note the Early Booking Rate will cease on 15th June