Calling final year undergraduates
25 January 2016 - Joyce Connolly
As you approach the end of your studies we want to know how you have found your time so far with us. The National Student Survey (NSS) is an independent survey designed to find out how you have developed over the course of your studies, what you think has been great about our teaching and facilities and where we could improve. Help us out by completing your survey to help us ensure we are delivering the best student experience we can.
If you are a student in the final year of your undergraduate course, you will receive an email inviting you to complete the survey online. The survey is independent and run by a research company called Ipsos Mori. You will also find an NSS link on your MyBeckett profile or you can click here to take the survey. It should only take about 5-10 minutes to complete, depending on how much you have to say, and it is completely anonymous, your answers and comments are confidential and your contact details will not be used for any other purpose.
Here's what your Students' Union President, Jay Malpass-Clark has to say about it:
As a thank you for your time, all eligible students who complete their surveys online will receive a ‘Class of 2016’ t-shirt. You can also choose a charity for our university to make a £1 donation to on your behalf. These three charities have been chosen by our Students’ Union:
- Older Peoples Action in the Locality (OPAL) - a local charity that supports elderly citizens in Leeds to live independent and healthy lives.
- Shelter - a national charity that supports the homeless.
- The Red Cross - an international charity that help people in crisis around the world.
To claim your t-shirt simply print the voucher you receive on completion of the survey (don’t forget to also choose the charity you wish us to donate to) and present it to our colleagues at our Student Hubs.
Top 10 tips on the National Student Survey (NSS)
- Use a hard wired PC if you can as there is less risk of losing your WiFi connection.
- Remember, PCs are available across both campuses in Social Learning Spaces and the Library.
- Some Student Hub PCs are reserved for you to complete the survey.
- Don’t worry if you’ve started the survey and lost your WiFi connection you can always go back and start again. If you went through your personalised link it will take you to the point in the survey where you lost connection.
- To access the survey the easiest and quickest way, use the personalised link in the email that was sent from Ipsos Mori.
- Don’t forget to collect your FREE ‘Class of 2016’ T-shirt from the Student Hubs.
- Once you have completed the survey you can go and make a difference by making your donation to one of our 3 charities: OPAL, SHELTER, INTERNATIONAL RED CROSS
- If you haven’t completed the survey you will get reminders from Ipsos Mori.
- Remember to reflect upon all your time with us, not just this year.
- If you are eligible to complete the NSS you will have received an email from Ipsos Mori inviting you to taking part.