You will receive an email inviting you to take part on 23 January. The survey is run by a company called Ipsos Mori. It should only take about 5-10 minutes to complete, depending on how much you have to say, and it is completely anonymous, your answers and comments are confidential and your contact details will not be used for any other purpose.
Get your ‘Class of 2017’ T-shirt
As an extra thank you for completing the survey and sharing your feedback with us, we're offering you a free, limited edition 'Class of 2017' T-shirt.
You will receive a thank you email from Ipsos Mori to confirm that you have completed the survey. To claim your T-shirt either print the email or show a digital version to staff at the Student Hubs.
Donate to charity
When you have completed the survey the University will donate £1 to one of three charities. The Student Hub staff will ask you which one you would like to donate to when you collect your T-shirt. The charities are:
- Older Peoples Action in the Locality (OPAL) - a local charity that supports elderly citizens in Leeds to live independent and healthy lives.
- Shelter - a national charity that supports the homeless.
- The Red Cross - an international charity that help people in crisis around the world.
The Student Hub staff will be recording Student ID numbers to prevent students claiming more than one T-shirt.
Quick facts on the National Student Survey (NSS)
- Use a hard wired PC if you can as there is less risk of losing your WiFi connection.
- Remember, PCs are available across both campuses in Social Learning Spaces and the Library.
- Don’t worry if you’ve started the survey and lost your WiFi connection you can always go back and start again. If you went through your personalised link it will take you to the point in the survey where you lost connection.
- To access the survey the easiest and quickest way, use the personalised link in the email that was sent from Ipsos Mori.
- Don’t forget to collect your FREE ‘Class of 2017’ T-shirt from the Student Hubs.
- Once you have completed the survey you can go and make a difference by making your donation to one of our 3 charities: OPAL, Shelter, International Red Cross.
- If you haven’t completed the survey you will get reminders from Ipsos Mori.
- Remember to reflect upon all your time with us, not just this year.
You said, we did
Here are some of the things that you asked for across the University, and at course level, and what we did to achieve them in 2016.
"There aren’t any recorded lectures."
We have installed lecture capture facilities which provides the opportunity for lectures to be recorded. This allows you to review anything you’ve missed and can act as a revision aid.
"Sometimes it’s hard to obtain textbooks from the library."
E-copies are always available on the library catalogue. We monitor the number of requests for popular texts and order more copies when required.
"Feedback is often limited and not sufficiently explained."
We have worked closely with our academics to ensure that assessments are marked thoroughly and give clear instruction on where improvements can be made.
"Not enough contact time with personal tutors."
Tutors are always available to meet with students on an ad hoc basis as well as having formal meetings each term.
"More guidance is needed about what a dissertation is and how it is written."
One-to-one dissertation support is provided for students alongside detailed written guidance.