The independent Student Barometer survey gives students the chance to give feedback on their experience at university and provides insight to help universities improve. A total of 50 UK universities were involved in the survey which saw 237,586 students take part across 172 institutions from 18 countries.
Leeds Beckett was ranked first in the world for technology, with 94.6% satisfaction, and second in the world for virtual learning, with 95.6% satisfaction. Laboratories were also ranked 3rd in the world with 96.1%.
In fact, Leeds Beckett was rated in the UK top ten on 46 of the factors university students were questioned on, ranging from learning facilities, to personal tutors, to the cost of accommodation.
Other key highlights include:
- Student wellbeing ranked 2nd in the UK and 5th in the world
- Personal tutors were ranked 6th in the world
- Class size was ranked 6th in the UK
- Learning spaces were ranked 5th in the UK
- 5th in the UK for opportunities for part-time work/earning money
- Campus buildings were ranked 7th in the world
- Online library was ranked 7th in the UK
- Living costs ranked 7th in the UK
- Physical library was ranked 8th in the UK
Professor Peter Slee, Vice Chancellor of Leeds Beckett University, said: “Here at Leeds Beckett we work hard to ensure our students have a fantastic experience with us. This feedback gives us some great insight into what we are doing well and where we can do even better. I’m so pleased that our students wanted to get involved and give us their views and I am delighted that so many of them have rated Leeds Beckett so highly.”
The Student Barometer is run by i-graduate, an independent organisation that specialises in gathering customer insight and helping education providers enhance the quality of their services. It tracks and compares the decision-making, expectations, perceptions and intentions of students from application to graduation.