Sporting expert alumni to discuss sport sponsorship with students
17 April 2018
A panel of sporting experts are taking part in a discussion at Leeds Beckett University this week about the opportunities, challenges and future trends of sport sponsorship.
The diverse panel – mostly made up of Leeds Beckett alumni – will be meeting on Thursday to talk about sport sponsorship.
Sport Marketing and Sport Business Management students, who are studying their second year Sport Sponsorship module, will be attending.
The panel will consist of:
- Danika Priim – England Rugby League Player and Vice-Captain for Leeds Rhino’s Women’s Team (studied BA (Hons) Secondary PE with QTS).
- Sam O’Donnell – Commercial Executive, British Paralympic Association (studied BA (Hons) Sports Marketing)
- Phil Cooper – Partnership Sales Manager, Leeds United FC (studied BA (Hons) Sport Business Management)
- Charlotte Kew – Account Manager, Octagon (studied BA (Hons) Sport Marketing and PR)
- Jody Cundy OBE – seven-time Paralympian medallist in swimming and cycling.
Kacy Mackreth, Senior Lecturer in Sport Marketing at Leeds Beckett’s Carnegie School of Sport, is leading the event. She said: “This is an exciting group of people to have in one room talking about all things sport sponsorship. Their insights into the subject will offer a unique perspective on the topic, which will be fantastic for the students.
“It’s great to be able to turn to our extensive number of Carnegie School of Sport alumni to help our current students.”