The Occupational Health team are pleased to announce the launch of a new staff wellbeing website which aims to provide a holistic approach to signposting staff to initiatives across the University which promote good physical and psychological health.
The University also offers access to an excellent Employee Assistance Programme through Health Assured.
The Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) is designed to support your overall wellbeing including a range of practical and emotional support services such as counselling, financial and legal advice as well as health checks, healthy eating and exercise guidance and information.
Here are ten facts about our EAP service:
- The service is totally free and confidential
- Legal, Financial and medical support are offered and can be accessed both online and over the telephone.
- Some of the EAP services (Including telephone counselling) can be accessed by immediate family members (partner/spouse and children aged 16- 24 in fulltime education and at the same address).
- The EAP offers manager support, providing advice on a range of subjects including stress management, conflict resolution and return to work support.
- Most calls are handled in the first instance by a trained counsellor.
- The EAP offers structured four week programmes for staff to get involved with. These include challenges relating to fitness, quitting smoking, sleep, healthy eating and more.
- The EAP website offers staff the chance to undertake mini health checks and offers topical advice.
- There are monthly webinars and news articles on the EAP Health Portal that focus on current topics and issues, for example, the focus this month is on eating and shift work.
- The EAP provide online self-help advice and guidance.
- The EAP have launched a Health e-hub App that can be accessed anywhere on your phone.
No problem too big or too small, the EAP are there to help. To contact the EAP either call 0800 030 5182 or visit the following link: https://healthassuredeap.co.uk/ and login with username leedsbeckett, password university.