Based on the ground floor of our Leslie Silver Building at City Campus, it’s our one stop shop for developing your skills, creating opportunities and getting new experiences, something we know our students want.
You’ll have access to lots of useful career and job information including:
- Employability workshops of all kinds, plus daily careers drop-ins to ask questions and get advice.
- The latest and most interesting jobs available, including part-time temp work that can give you valuable experience for your CV.
- Time with employers to ask questions and find out about different roles and industries.
- Opportunities to meet Student Liaison Officers, who’ll hold workshops and drop-in sessions.
- The chance to talk to different areas of the Uni including our Enterprise team, Sport & Active Lifestyles to take part in healthy activities; our Volunteering team to get information on how to get involved with local, national and international volunteering activities; and a chance to find out about Students’ Union societies.
- ‘Media Monday’ where you can get tips on using social media to find a job.
The Gateway also includes the Pod, a glass booth where you can have a one-to-one appointments with the Careers Team.
If you look at the Jobs & Careers section of MyHub, you’ll see what’s coming up in The Gateway and will be able book an appointment. You can also always email the careers team or call in to see one of the careers information officers.
Associate Director for Student Employability and Progression Pete Coates explains: “We’ve made good progress in our student’s success with employability recently, and get excellent feedback from those that use our services. We want to do even more to increase the support we offer to our students and make sure students are aware of what we can offer them. Moving into a prime location like the Leslie Silver Building will make our services much more visible and accessible to the heart of our student population.”
It doesn’t stop here, either. Over time, more services will be introduced to The Gateway to enhance your employability skills, so keep calling in to find out more.