NQT and RQT Support
Resources for NQTs
- Effective Primary Teaching Practice Report 2016 [PDF]
- Induction Guidance for newly qualified teachers (NQTs)
- Inductions appeal procedures
- NUT induction guide for NQTs
- TES advice for new teachers
- Newly qualified teachers (NQTs): annual survey 2016
- Guardian Teachers Network
- Keeping safe in education - statutory guidance.
- Teachers' Media
- Hit the Button
- Kahoot - A great site for learning through games for all ages
- Creating a Culture: How school leaders can optimise behaviour - Tom Bennett’s independent review on behaviour in schools
- Puzzlemaker - Part of the enormous commercial U.S.-based Discovery education site. Puzzlemaker enables you to create customised worksheets
- Some pointers for getting started as an NQT
- Useful classroom survival tips for NQTs
- Induction documentation
Information on government priority areas
This section provides relevant documents that will enhance your teaching and keep you abreast of developments on government priority areas.
Online Safety – Protecting our children from Radicalisation and Extremism - Bulletin issued by UK Safer Internet Centre November 2014.
The Extremism taskforce report called ‘Tackling Extremism in the UK’. The report has recommended extended responsibilities in schools, for example: