Event DetailsTuesday 22nd - Thursday 24th May 2018
09:30 – 17:00
Cloth Hall Court, City Campus, Leeds Beckett University
Mike was excellent and would definitely recommend.Attendee review, 17 January 2018
Adobe After Effects is an industry-standard tool for professionals working in 2D and 3D motion graphics, visual effects and compositing. It offers a powerful, flexible and affordable toolset to help you deliver creative motion content for film, video, web and mobile.
This course will give you a deeper understanding of the core features of the software, as well as covering more advanced tools and functionality. The course will give you the toolset to create professional eye-catching work across a wide range of projects.
Topics will include advanced animation techniques, advanced masking and transparency control, keying and roto, in-depth type animation, shape layers, colour and tonal correction, effects, time-remapping, working in 3D space, understanding and using expressions, stabilisation and tracking - and more.
On completion of this course you will:
- Have a deeper understanding and greater control of the core features of After Effects.
- Understand more of the tools and techniques available within the software.
- Be able to deliver more sophisticated motion graphics, animation and video content.
The course is suitable for users who want to increase their understanding of After Effects and use its more advanced features.
This course is for you if you are an experienced user of After Effects and:
- You understand the basics of After Effects but want to gain an in-depth understanding of the advanced features to enable you to deliver high-quality animation quickly and effectively.
- You want to use After Effects to produce eye-catching animation to ensure your work stands out.
- You want to master this industry-standard package to give you an edge over the competition.
If you are new to After Effects, why not start with our Adobe After Effects 101 course?
This course is for experienced users of After Effects or for delegates who have already attended our Adobe After Effects 101 course.
(The price is inclusive and as an education provider we do not charge VAT.)
We offer a 10% discount to Leeds and Bradford Chamber of Commerce members. To claim your discount please call 0113 812 1725 and quote your Chamber membership number.
To keep you posted we will post upcoming additional dates for this course here. If you would like to enquire about future dates, please feel free to contact us.
We can design our courses to meet your specific business objectives, developing a tailored plan to deliver the results you're looking for.
- Keyframes in depth.
- The graph editor.
- Mask control.
- Mattes, stencils and the T.
- Keying and roto.
- Understanding the type animation system.
- Selectors, shapes and properties.
- Shape layer hierarchy.
- Shape layer modifiers and animation.
- Shapes, masks and position.
- Time-remapping and control.
- Selected effects in-depth.
- Mask-based effects.
- Compound effects.
- Render order.
- Paint, clone and puppet.
- Working with audio tracks.
- 3D layers.
- 3D camera animation.
- Lights and shadows.
- Raytrace and Cineware overview.
- Understanding expressions.
- Essential expressions.
- Expression resources.
- Stabilisation and point tracking.
- 3D camera tracking.
- An introduction to planar tracking in Mocha.
- Rendering and output.
What will I learn?
- Advanced animation techniques and the graph editor.
- Advanced masking and transparency.
- Advanced type animation.
- The power of shape layers.
- Time-remapping techniques.
- A deeper into effects.
- Paint and puppet.
- How to work with audio.
- Precomposing and render order.
- How to work in 3D space.
- How to work with expressions.
- Image stabilisation and tracking.
- Rendering, output and integration.
Attending the course
We are open from 09:00.
Refreshments will be available and lunch will be provided.
All the materials you will need will be provided.
We’re based in the centre of Leeds at Cloth Hall Court, and we have cutting-edge facilities including the Development Studio for desktop, web and mobile platforms. The studio draws on academics with extensive high-level industrial experience in advanced programming techniques and world-class creative digital content essential to success in the creative digital industries.
Mike is a highly experienced designer, visual creative and software trainer. In addition to his training work he runs his own studio focused on digital imagery for advertising and marketing communication, serving clients in the UK, Europe and USA.
He has a broad and deep skill set across design, photographic based imagery, 3D CGI, video and motion graphics. Mike has over 15 years’ experience as a trainer and is an Adobe Certified Instructor in Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro and After Effects. He is also an Adobe Video Specialist.
Mike is lovely and friendly. Made it feel accessible.Attendee review, 17 January 2018
Really good tutor - helpful, very enthusiastic, approachable, could answer any questions!Attendee review, 2 June 2017
The course was extremely informative. Mike was great, really wanted to help and he definitely knew his stuff. Highly recommend, this is the 3rd course I've been on at NTI and all have been really useful. Thank you.Attendee review, 2 June 2017
Great tutor, nice welcome every morning from reception staffAttendee Review, 2 March 2016
Amazing, had a great 3 days. Mike was really professional and made the course fun and excitingAttendee Review, 2 March 2016
Mike did a great jobDean Rose, 2 March 2016