With its WYSIWIG editor Dreamweaver is a great option for those that aren’t comfortable coding by hand. We’ll take a look through Dreamweaver’s extensive toolset which will enable us to structure and style a website as we require. By the end of the course you’ll be comfortable creating pages from scratch and making amends to existing webpages.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Comfortably know your way around the Dreamweaver interface
- Make amends to existing web pages
- Build a web page from scratch
Anyone with an interest in creating websites
There are no prerequisites for this course
(The price is inclusive and as an education provider we do not charge VAT.)
**** Please note our courses close 7 days prior to the start date ****
We offer a 10% discount to Leeds and Bradford Chamber of Commerce members. To claim your discount please call 0113 812 1725 and quote your Chamber membership number.
We can design our courses to meet your specific business objectives, developing a tailored plan to deliver the results you're looking for.
- You'll become familiar with Dreamweaver's interface and learn what each panel and tool is used for.
- Understand how Dreamweaver's WYSIWYG interface generates and creates HTML for you and how to manipulate and work with the generated HTML. You'll get to grips with basic HTML structure and become familiar with Dreamweaver's split view
- You'll look at integrating an external stylesheet (CSS) file with Dreamweaver and setting up some basic styles to add interest to our HTML page.
- Using Dreamweaver's tools you'll create a series of different page layouts to test our skills. Dealing with multi column content and non-standard layout.
- Taking our knowledge of CSS further you will start to implement more complex CSS usage. You'll work with background images and positioning elements with CSS.
- Learn to work with text and images in Dreamweaver. You'll get to grips with text formatting and presentation and understand the best ways to deal with presenting and linking to images from within a directory structure.
- No web page is complete with some form of navigation. You'll create a typical navigation menu and style it up with CSS.
- Pushing your knowledge further you'll start to look at additional elements of interactivity that Dreamweaver allows you to bring to your projects.
What will I learn?
- Learn the principles of HTML and CSS and how to work with them in Dreamweaver
- How to create your own layouts from scratch
- How to maintain a website with Dreamweaver
Attending the course
We are open from 09:00 for tea and coffee.
Refreshments will be available and lunch will be provided.
All the materials you will need will be provided.
Trainers & Reviews
Dave is a digital designer with over 16 years experience helping digital/web agencies with heavy workloads and producing online solutions directly for clients.
Focusing on high-quality design and intelligent ideas, his skills cover a range of digital services, including brand consulting and identity work, web design, content marketing, reactive and real-time marketing, and ultimately anything that's delivered online.
He has designed websites for the likes of Disney, Nickelodeon, Guinness, BBC and many more. He's appeared in numerous industry magazines along the way such as Net Magazine, Web Designer and has even appeared in publications in Japan.