As a requirement of our Financial Regulations, the Governance and Legal Affairs team keep a register and store original contracts, except those relating to academic partnerships and collaborations, estates, purchasing and employment.
- Research and Enterprise contracts – as defined in the Research Strategy;
- Non Academic Partnerships – e.g. Sporting and Cultural Partnerships.
- Other agreements such as commercial contracts with the National Health Service, NCTL, Higher Education Funding Council, General Social Care Council.
Once a contract has been executed, the original document should be forwarded to the Governance and Legal Affairs team to register and file.
To assist us in entering a contract to the register, we require some key pieces of information about your contract and the key individuals involved. Please complete the Contract Storage Key Information form with the following information:
- main parties involved in the agreement
- contract title
- contract value (including VAT) [income / expenditure]
- contract type (i.e. research / enterprise / sporting / cultural)
- whether it is a main or sub-contract
- contract start and end date
- whether it relates to income or expenditure
- responsible department (including faculty / service and project code)
- relationship manager (at our University)
- key contact and email address of partners to the agreement
- contract signatory and signatory date
All contracts are stored from receipt until six years after the end of the financial year in which they terminate. The relevant Project Manager will be contacted to inform them of the proposal to destroy the contract, giving them a deadline of one month to confirm whether the contract can be destroyed.