Dignity Respect Network
Leeds Beckett University is committed to providing an inclusive and supportive environment in which a diverse population of students and staff can learn and thrive, free from discrimination and harassment.
Our staff and students expect to be treated with dignity and respect and the University is a place where people are protected from treatment which demeans them, or is unfair or intimidating.
If you feel that you are not being treated fairly then the Dignity & Respect Network is your first line of support. You can discuss your issue discreetly with one of our independent, trained volunteers who can talk you through the options and help you identify your next course of action. If you find yourself in conflict with a colleague or fellow student, you may wish to contact the Mediation Service.
The Equality and Diversity Team has a dedicated phone line for calls to the Dignity and Respect Network and Mediation Service. Anyone calling this number can be assured that the call will be answered by a member of the Equality and Diversity Team and conversation will be confidential.
The network comprises trained volunteers from across the university who are able to provide support and advice to anyone with a query regarding a dignity at work or study issue. If you contact a member of the network you can expect them to:
- listen effectively
- respect confidentiality
- clarify options
- give support
- provide definitions and examples of bullying and harassment
- provide procedural information
The network is coordinated by a Dignity & Respect Officer who works within the Equality & Diversity Team.
Please contact the Equality & Diversity Team, in the first instance:
Telephone: 0113 812 5816
The service is available to all staff and students and may be used in the following circumstances:
- If you think you are being bullied or harassed.
- If you have witnessed bullying or harassing behaviour.
- If you have been accused of bullying or harassment and need support.
- If you have any concerns or queries about your own behaviour.
- If you are responsible for dealing with bullying and harassment in your area and would like support or general information.