Wider Information Sets
Wider Information Sets
At Leeds Beckett University we are committed to making it easy for prospective and current students and the general public to access information about our University.
The Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) has specified the information they expect higher education providers to make available online or by request. This information forms part of what HEFCE has described as a Wider Information Set (WIS).
What is the value of the Wider Information Set?
- To inform the public about the quality of higher education and, in particular, help provide potential students with information that will help them make a choice about what and where to study.
- To help provide evidence to contribute to the quality assurance processes in institutions.
- To help provide information that institutions can use to enhance the quality of their higher education provision.
The links below will point you in the direction of information which we hope you will find useful.
Our University as an institution
Our courses and awards
- Our online prospectus contains information about our individual courses including modules, programme specifications and details on any accreditations and links with employers. You can also access the 'Key Information Set' for each course there and on the Unistats web site
- Study & Courses provides information about fees, applications, finance and flexible study options.
- Employability has information about CV building, connecting with employers, starting a business and graduation.
- Sign up to Experience Leeds Beckett to order a prospectus, book onto events, receive updates and access FAQs.
- Our Register of Partnerships and Collaborative Provision details the types of partnerships and collaborations we have with other institutions and organisations and for specific courses.
Results of Internal Student Surveys
- The results of internal student surveys are available internally and on request from the Information and Intelligence Team in Student Administration Services.
The quality and standards of our programmes
Policies for student complaints and appeals
Our Student Hub is the first point of call for student queries about the full range of student life and support matters, including: