Art, Design & Technology
- SHOWCASE:Leeds Metropolitan University have completed the Back to Front manual to promote front garden food growing. This successful project was driven in partnership with Leeds City Council and NHS Leeds.
- SHOWCASE:What makes an event successful? Our UK Centre for Events Management (UKCEM) is the largest and most established, specialist centre for research and teaching in this field, with a worldwide reputation.
- Bridging the gap between artistic creativity and technology, our research encompasses everything from mixed and augmented reality to artificial intelligence and computer music, looking at the impact of software development on artistic expression.
- Our research provision explores contemporary design challenges in a variety of environments.
- This cutting-edge musical group use the latest digital tools to produce internationally acclaimed original compositions.
- Our high-quality research provides a fresh perspective on the opportunities and challenges created by the widespread convergence of computing and communication technologies.
- The Digital Research Centre provides an "umbrella" for those research activities at the University which address the development and application of digital technology and the social, cultural, economic, and political aspects of digitization.
- Our Events Management research has been rated as ‘internationally excellent’. With almost thirty full-time academic members of staff, the Centre is probably the world’s largest group of specialist researcherswith an interest in festivals and events.