UK Centre for Events Management
Our research and enterprise activities are coordinated through the International Centre for Research in Events, Tourism and Hospitality (ICRETH).
We offer consultancy and bespoke research for industry in the areas of:
- Social, environmental and local economic impact assessments relating to festivals and events
- Policy and strategy development, especially in relation to tourism, local competitiveness, and SMEs
- Marketing strategy and marketing research
- Skills and other labour market analysis
- Feasibility studies for festivals and related activities.
Find out more about consultancy for your business or organisation.
The Journal of Policy Research in Tourism, Leisure and Events was founded by members of the Centre and continues to publish sector-leading work by researchers at Leeds Beckett.
Researchers at the Centre have also written some of the key books for students and professionals in industry. Glenn Bowdin, who heads up the Events subject group at Leeds Beckett, is the lead author of Events Management, the must-have text for students of Events Management.
Training and CPD
Workshops and short courses cover a wide range of subjects and are suitable for both senior staff and employees keen to progress their careers.
View our full range of workshop topics and short courses.