MSc Executive Leadership (Military Fast Track & Accelerated Masters Route) Dual Programme
This programme is a unique Professional Development programme for Military Personnel.
The MSc Executive Leadership Military Route has been specifically designed to provide a fast track option for officers of the rank of Lieutenants (RN), Captains (Army), Flight Lieutenants (RAF) and Warrant Officers WO2 or above. The route offers full recognition of the military’s internal professional development programmes by providing advanced standing of 60 level 7 credits for senior military service personnel enabling candidates to directly progress to Postgraduate Diploma level. This fast track route is open to regular and reserve forces and provides access to applying for a suite of additional management qualifications thereby providing academic and professional accreditation.
Candidates can elect to only undertake the Postgraduate Diploma.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): The Centre for Governance Leadership and Global Responsibility has been working with the military for a number of years and has conducted an extensive review mapping of military courses, it is informed with this insight that we can recognise the generic critical decision making skills and diverse operational capabilities of our military from which we can provide exemption from one third of the programme.
Institute of Directors IoD logo to appear on page again
We have worked together with the IoD for over 27 years in the development and provision of executive programmes. As such our programmes are ideal for Directors, senior executives, owner-managers and entrepreneurs and for those who aspire to work at strategic board room level, whether this be in the public, private or non-for-profit sectors.
The IoD’s partnership with Leeds Business School (LBS) and recently in research with the Centre for Governance, Leadership and Global Responsibility has proven highly successful, and over the years we have welcomed Directors from a diverse range leading companies including Asda, British Nuclear Fuels plc, British Sugar plc, Yorkshire Electricity, Seabrook Crisps Ltd, Lloyd's Bank Insurance, Meadowhall Centre Ltd, and Friends Provident International.
Advance your career and take your business forward
The IoD programme offers an unparalleled range of benefits, including:
- A full and critical understanding of the legal obligations of a Director, your personal duties and liabilities and what these mean in the context of your business
- A unique insight into the world of executive-level management and the latest knowledge of boardroom best practice
- The key skills needed to unlock the power of the board and influence effective decision making
- An ability to view business decisions objectively, perceive threats and identify new opportunities
- Advancement of your professional development as a Director.
This relationship has informed our research and enables us to provide learning opportunities that challenge the current orthodoxies of business practice. As such we are always looking for innovative and inclusive ways to move organisations on to the next level of business excellence. Our relationship has enhanced our competency in the provision of unique executive learning experiences. We are linking this with research and key skills to improve the quality of executives.
Given the relevant practical experience, the Programme also provides Directors with the essential foundations to achieve the coveted 'Chartered Director Status'. Delegates can only move towards gaining their Chartered Director Status once they have successfully completed first two stages of the programme, the Certificate and Diploma levels:
The Certificate encompasses the core knowledge and awareness that is necessary to function effectively as a director:
- An in-depth view of the role, responsibilities and legal duties of a director
- An understanding of the characteristics of an effective board
- Sound knowledge of financial terms and concepts
- The issues and processes associated with formulating strategic and business plans and achieving strategic leadership.
The four modules which can be attended separately are:
- The Role of the Director and the Board
- Finance for Non-Financial Directors
- The Director’s Role in Strategy and Marketing
- The Director’s Role in Leading the Organisation
This three day interactive course requires delegates to act as Board members, central to the activities and running of the organisation. You will challenge and utilise skills gained from your experience as a Director in an applied and dynamic way, as a Board facing a variety of challenges and crises.
Chartered Directors have a dramatic and positive effect on the success of their organisations and are able to:
- Demonstrate to shareholders, stakeholders, clients and customers that their organisation is professional and successful
- Operate at a strategic and tactical level to establish and sustain growth
- Appreciate all aspects of effective business leadership and sound corporate governance
- Improve the board's effectiveness and their personal contribution
- Enhance their career prospects as an executive director or non-executive director.
For further information on each course please click on the links above, or contact us.