Decide on the research degree and subject area you want to apply for.
Our current deadline and enrolment dates are as follows:
- February start – apply by the end of November
- June start – apply by the end of March
- October start – apply by the end of June
Potential applicants should familiarise themselves with our research regulations.
Complete an application form.
Submit your application form along with:
- Your research proposal
- Scanned copies of your degree certificates (e.g. undergraduate or masters degree certificates) and transcripts.
- Scanned copies of your English language requirements.
- Scanned copies of your passport and previous UK visas if applicable.
Please send all of the above to Research Admissions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: if your first language is not English, we will require evidence that you have the necessary language skills to fulfil the requirements of the award. You will need to provide evidence of a minimum International English Language Testing System Grade 6.5 (IELTS 6.5) with no individual sub-score below 6.0 or equivalent for all research awards. If you hold a good UK bachelors or masters degree, this will suffice for the English language requirements.
- If we make you an offer, you'll need to respond by accepting or declining. You must accept your offer within 21 days. In exceptional circumstances you may need to defer - you can only do this once.
- As part of your course you will attend a University induction at the beginning of your programme of study. You need to enrol online and pay online before you start your programme. Further details will be sent to you by email. You need to attend our weekend induction which introduces you to life as a research student.
Our induction dates are as follows:
- Friday 3 and Saturday 4 October 2014
- Friday 6 and Saturday 7 February 2015
- June dates to be confirmed
If you have any further questions or need advice, please contact us:
Telephone: +44 (0)113 812 5375