- Study & Courses
- University Schools
- Art, Architecture & Design
- Built Environment & Engineering
- Clinical & Applied Sciences
- Computing, Creative Technologies & Engineering
- Cultural Studies & Humanities
- Events, Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Film, Music & Performing Arts
- Health & Community Studies
- Social Sciences
- University Life
- Research & Business
- About Us
- Leeds Beckett Websites:
- Current Students
- Quick Links (A-F)
- Quick Links (G-Z)
Quick Links (A-F)
Quick Links (G-Z)
Final year/Writing up/ (MPhil/PhD/Professional Doctorates only)
As you approach the final year of your studies you can consider applying for writing up status which carries a reduced fee. The final year is usually year four for full-time students and year six for part-time students.
To apply for writing up status, you need to have completed all your data collection and analysis and have a full first draft of your thesis which has been seen by your supervisory team. Detailed guidance can be found here.
If you want to move to writing up status you must make a request, supported by your supervisory team, to the Committee.