- Study & Courses
- University Schools
- Art, Architecture & Design
- Built Environment & Engineering
- Clinical & Applied Sciences
- Computing, Creative Technologies & Engineering
- Cultural Studies & Humanities
- Events, Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Film, Music & Performing Arts
- Health & Community Studies
- Social Sciences
- University Life
- Research & Business
- About Us
- Leeds Beckett Websites:
- Current Students
- Quick Links (A-F)
- Quick Links (G-Z)
Quick Links (A-F)
Quick Links (G-Z)
Final Year/Writing up
As students approach the final year of their studies they can apply for writing up status which carries a reduced fee. The final year is usually year four for full-time students and year six for part-time students.
A student wishing to apply for writing up needs to have:
- Completed their data collection and data analysis.
- Provided their supervisory team with a full first draft of their thesis.
Individual projects are different and some students do not have writing up.
To apply for writing up status a student needs to submit a request to the University Research Degree Sub Committee. Detailed guidance can be found here.
As the student approaches their final year of study, the supervisory team should consider submitting the examination arrangements to the University Research Office.